• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Asian Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Here we go, this is my first throwdown;Its called "Pad Hor Mok Saporot" Red Curry Seafood with pineapple originating from Thailand,

First the ingredients;

500g Seafood Marinara (Mixed Seafood)

50g Red Thai Curry Paste
440g Pineapple Pieces
1 Egg

150 ml Carnation Light Creamy evaporated milk

1 teaspoon Chicken stock powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 Brown Onion

3 stems Thai Basil

Coriander
Thai chillis
celery

P5080131.jpg

P5080133.jpg

P5080134.jpg

Next:

Add all the ingredients except for the egg and mixed seafood

P5080140.jpg

P5080141.jpg

P5080144.jpg

Then add the egg and right after the mixed seafood

P5080149.jpg

Finished dish

P5080151.jpg

P5080155.jpg

P5080156.jpg

Megamoo....the curry looks amazing!! The green colors on top really make it POP! How was it on the heat? YUM!!

Thanks :D I used every chilli I had and it was enough heat to get my nose going but not enough to make me pause eating. Would have used a few more if I had them, it would have happily accomodated a superhot or three. The fresh lime juice and basil really made the flavour! :drooling:

You must have something good planned the way you are complimenting everyone ;) Can't wait to see.

JR wit another slammin' curry! Very nice!

Hey megamoo.....you might be a bit disapointed in me. It's probably going to to be the anticlimax of all time (even for me!) All these entries have exhausted most of my ideas....plus, we just recently had a big stir-fry.

Today we're in a sushi mood here at the Circle-H. :cool:

Jungle Rain - can I come over to eat at your place?

PS - You should edit that so everything is in a single post.

JR - your curry looks awesome!! All the entries so far are great, but that curry is a definite stand out :)

I had to go back and look at them all again. Great entries!! The throwdowns are getting more and more competitive.
Have to give props to JoeyK.
Brother made fried shrimp bread. BOOM!!!!! Nicely done!

Hey ya'll once again from The Blues Kitchen live from Frisco, Tejas. I've been goin' on about dim sum for a spell so time to get down brown with it. Had a heap of piccy's so I'll try to keep it reasonable so as not to confuse myself. With that, let us begin the kung fucation of the dim sum.

TB's Dim Sumfin'

Got some pork rib product ready for braising with no-name mezkun' chile's, soy, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and seeds.

IMG_3038.jpg

Here's some of the mice in place. Disregard the salmon. Didn't use it.

IMG_3039.jpg

Somewhere in the fog of wine, chix wing drummy's mated with cast iron.

IMG_3040.jpg

Behold the porky braised hotness after 3 hours.

IMG_3041.jpg

Whoop! There it is...some broccoli slaw spring rollage.

IMG_3042.jpg

Got hazy for awhile there as I was "overserving" myself on cheap wine but all of a sudden up jumped the devil and SHAZAAM!
This plated itself before me. Clockwise from the left...

Hot Hunan Hole Braised Pork
Ginger Sesame Slaw Spring Roll
Hoisin Mezkun Wing Popsicles
General Tso's Chicken McNuggets

IMG_3049.jpg

Some random photographagessness..

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

Boom shaka laka! I was drunken cheffing and had no idea what I was doing.

True story.

I'm diggin it! You guys are rocking. Here's my simple and humble entry:

JayT's Korean Kalbi Ribs with Kimchi Style Slaw

100_8966.jpg

Kimchi Slaw:

Napa Cabbage
Scallions
Asian Pear
Rice Wine Vinegar
Fish Sauce
Ginger
Garlic
Sugar
Salt
Red Habaneros

Mixed all the ingredients except the cabbage, Asian pear, and scallions up in the food processor into a paste. Mix with chopped cabbage, Asian pear, and scallions. Refrigerate overnight. Gets better with more time.

100_8967.jpg

100_8968.jpg

Kalbi a.k.a. Korean Short Ribs:

About three pounds of criss-cross beef ribs

Marinate:

Saki
Soy Sauce
Ponzu
Sesame Oil
AJ's Naga Puree
Scallions
Asian Pear
Brown Sugar
Hoisin
Ginger
Garlic
Salt
Wasabi Sesame seeds for garnish

Marinate overnight then grill on Medium High about 4 minutes per side.

100_8969.jpg

100_8978.jpg

100_8979.jpg

Serve with Saki

100_8989.jpg

100_8983.jpg

100_8984.jpg

I don't know why I don't make these more often. Very simple to make and truly incredible flavor. Yum.

Looks great Jay! I think you will do better if you call that kimchi style slaw, as that's what it is and kimchi lovers probably won't vote for it as kimchi. Just my thinking :)

Lookin' good TB...

TB with the General Tso chicken nuggets :lol:

Are those Tyson?

You guys list your cooking methods. Just because it's in the picture doesn't mean people know exactly what you did.

Many years ago while meditating in a lotus flower under a banyan tree on top of a mountain I unraveled the secret to perfect cooking, and I use it every time.
The secret is...... choose only the best, freshest ingredients, mix them all together in a bucket and heat. Works every time. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back