• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Asian Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
All pics in one post. You can do 10 which is plenty so make sure those are the ones.

You can put the happy people picture back in the edited post :)

Just that when you vote the link will go to the exact post so want to make sure your final pics are there.

Wow Joey - are you sure Godzilla didn't come to dinner at your place?

No but he would be welcome any time he he

You can put the happy people picture back in the edited post :)

Just that when you vote the link will go to the exact post so want to make sure your final pics are there.

Aaaah yes you are right.

A very nice spread, Joey!

Looks like an acceptable amount of food. ;)

Thanks, Hell it was the best meal I have ever made, except now the Mrs expects me to cook more often (dammit lol)

Well they enjoyed it.

17.jpg

:lol:

Food or not....that pic is a family WIN! Good on ya' Joey! More of what the world needs right there!

Looking forward to summer so I did a summer dish.

Bhutie Full Soba

Soba noodles

Dipping Sauce : Mentsuyu (Right)
Ichiban Dashi
Soy Sauce
Mirin

Dashi Contains :
Bonito flakes
Seaweed (Couldn't get the good kelp) *Not nori
Smoked Bhut Jolokia peppers

The wasabi is 50% wasabi and 50% ground jalapeno. Very tasty mix.

The red pepper mash is Thai peppers with garlic vinegar and salt. Home grow as well.

Instead of topping the noodles with Nori I used finely sliced dried Bhuts.

The green on the side is seaweed. Nothing big there just good with the dish.

present_soba.png

Side note. Not in the picture but I served it with Huang Shan Mao Feng tea.

EDIT: Fixed a typo

Hungry mouthes to feed tonight...women and children beware..on vacation with the in laws and limited resources in the outerbanks...here goes nothing...

36a4209b.jpg

A scenic pic to set the mood....

539f44f0.jpg

Ingredients and proof of life...

dfdc21d8.jpg

Angry egg drop soup, not for the weak hearted

a3776f40.jpg

Chaotic kitchen prep

83b59907.jpg

Getting seafoody...

5eb77f81.jpg

Plate it up...hope the pics are ok all I have is cell camera as I'm on vacation. Entree is seafood stir fry...shrimp scallops blue crab and assortment of peppers...were lit up and going to bed..give us a vote or two!!!

That's totally the house from the Seinfeld episode with the shrinkage!

Looks just like it by the pool.

Must be the Hamtpons, huh?

I have a feeling this TD will be a historic epic of culinary mastery. So...why the hell not.

Teaser pic part 1 - the marinade:

Thin sliced pork Marinating for 24 hours in a mix of all you see.
maytd20111.jpg

MMM...looks like a good soup...
maytd20112.jpg

...in the bag, and off to the fridge.
maytd20113.jpg

Ok from the looks of things I am out-chopstuck here but I'll give it a bash. Haven't cooked in a wok in years and never made this recipe before but here goes....

Thai Green Curry

curry014.jpg

That isn't maple syrup... but rather Megamoo's Habanero Oil. It's not overly hot but gives your mouth a nice warm all-over glow. I use it in the base of many dishes to permeate every layer of the dish with chilli, so its not just mixed through in chunks or on top as a garnish.
My Sacred Basil plants didn't make it through the year, so instead I used East Indian Clove basil. It has a very strong cinnamon flavour.
My chilli plants are less than thriving at the moment so I had to buy some pods.
Not pictured are bean sprouts for garnishing at the end.
The chilli vodka is for lubricating the chef.

curry015.jpg

Brown the chicken in oil and some of the coconut cream

curry017.jpg

in with everything else, simmer

and serve on rice
curry025.jpg

curry024.jpg

It was a delicious and wild array of flavours compared to my usual cooking. I will be making this one again. :D

Ok from the looks of things I am out-chopstuck here but I'll give it a bash. Haven't cooked in a wok in years and never made this recipe before but here goes....

Thai Green Curry

curry014.jpg

That isn't maple syrup... but rather Megamoo's Habanero Oil. It's not overly hot but gives your mouth a nice warm all-over glow. I use it in the base of many dishes to permeate every layer of the dish with chilli, so its not just mixed through in chunks or on top as a garnish.
My Sacred Basil plants didn't make it through the year, so instead I used East Indian Clove basil. It has a very strong cinnamon flavour.
My chilli plants are less than thriving at the moment so I had to buy some pods.
Not pictured are bean sprouts for garnishing at the end.
The chilli vodka is for lubricating the chef.

curry015.jpg

Brown the chicken in oil and some of the coconut cream

curry017.jpg

in with everything else, simmer

and serve on rice
curry025.jpg

curry024.jpg

It was a delicious and wild array of flavours compared to my usual cooking. I will be making this one again. :D

I bent my fingernail back trying to reach through the computer screen...looks absolutely delicious!

Food or not....that pic is a family WIN! Good on ya' Joey! More of what the world needs right there!

Ha Ha yeah they are a pretty cool bunch, we emptied a few beers each followed by a few wines followed by 2 bottles of Vodka.

Man the comp is heating up these entries look fantastic, loving the purple presentation too.

Bhutie Full Soba

Man.....I love the noodles and the foo on tha plate is cool as hell!!

Entree is seafood stir fry.

Family chaos, great scenery, and lots and lots of food! I'm lovin' all the color in this dish.....and seafood is ALWAYS a win!

....by the way....what gives with the Velveeta and the pancake syrup? :rofl:

Thai Green Curry

Megamoo....the curry looks amazing!! The green colors on top really make it POP! How was it on the heat? YUM!!

Wow.....should I even BOTHER going to the store? :lol: This one is looking mighty tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back