• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Asian Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teaser pics

P1000930.jpg

P1000931.jpg

HAY-SOOS CREEST, Joey!!!

That looks like one of MY entries!! :rofl: Way to bring the teaser!

Everything looks amazing so far....and we already have SUSHI on the table! :clap: I'm off to the car show......

...wish me luck!

PJ-Great job!! Love the use of fresh peppers and herbs. That wok setup was pretty badass too!

Nick- Way to bring it. I was hoping someone would do sushi. You did such a good job with it-looks like you've actually made it before!

So far people went ALL OUT for this one! Saw lots of good beers in the posts. The pbr was a nice touch. Always smiles for the pictures.

Nick- Way to bring it. I was hoping someone would do sushi. You did such a good job with it-looks like you've actually made it before!

Thanks, pal. I actually made it for the first time the other week. It's a lot easier on the wallet to just grab some sashimi-grade fish from the asian market and do it up at home. Fancy rainbow rolls et al are still beyond me, but I'm working on it.

Can't wait to see what SoFlo is putting together for this TD. :)

And Joey - wow, dude. Cook that up! Just looking at your ingredients made me hungry all over again.

Buddy's Korean Short Ribs with Grilled Brussel Sprouts:

will be making grilled korean short ribs. very simple recipe but very tasty. ingredients: beef short ribs, japone chiles, garlic, green onions, sesame seeds (toasted and crushed), sesame oil, vegetable oil, soy sauce.

ingredients:
P1020711.jpg

the marinade:
P1020718.jpg

into the refrigerator until tonight:
P1020719.jpg

brussel sprouts: tossed in olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, any my smoked assorted red chile powder:

P1020765.jpg

the short ribs after marinating :
P1020766.jpg

everything on the grill:
P1020769.jpg

the finish - korean short ribs with smoke chile grilled brussel sprouts:
P1020771.jpg

These look awesome so far!

I'm super impressed by the sushi rolling. No matter how I try, I always seem to mess up the actual rolling. :(

Looking forward to seeing what comes of JoeyK's 234342423432 ingredients!

Off to brave this storm and get my ingredients!

Hmmpf looks like great minds think alike Buddy. I too am making Korean Short Ribs, but with Kimchee and maybe a microwave hot dog if I feel I need it. :lol:

100_8966.jpg

i'm going to grill some brussel sprouts.

I just made my Kimchi. It smells amazing. I know it won't be anything like the real stuff that they ferment underground and whatever, but it should be good nonetheless. Brussel sprouts? Really?

I just made my Kimchi. It smells amazing. I know it won't be anything like the real stuff that they ferment underground and whatever, but it should be good nonetheless. Brussel sprouts? Really?

yep - tossed in garlic, olive oil, onion powder, and a chile powder (probably my smoked bhut) then grilled. it's really good.

Holy crap this is huge.
There's a lot going on down here. Kentucky Derby, Nascar, Marlins, Heat Vs. Celtics.
We have to make something that is conducive to getting blasted on the couch, but respectable enough to be in the throwdown.
I think we have the answer.
Sum will be sitting this one out. He has quite a lot of money on the Heat tonight. If the Heat lose he might have to break out the pimp suit again (be on guard, bitches...).
Me on the other hand, well...I got something up my sleeve.

asian1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back