• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! Asian Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
WickedMojo's Seafood Naga fatalii Mei Fun with spring green salad and sesame ginger dressing

I kinda winged this one, some things in teaser were not used such as the steak, and I added octopus, squid and shrimp, as shown in stirfry pic.

teaser.jpg

asianTD-3.jpg

Ingredients:

Fresh Ginger
Garlic
sesame oil
fish sauce
soy sauce
Naga Morich
Fatalli
Trinidad Scorpion flakes
green onion
yellow onion
Octopus
Squid
Shrimp
Snow Crab
Rice Noddles

asianTD-2.jpg

asianTD-1.jpg

Dang. Asian food is something I know how to make. Just off the top of my head I'd have loved to work on some Kung Pao chicken, dynamite rolls, spicy crab legs, or stuffed chicken drums, or... or... well I'll have to take a pass and suck it up while I'm here on vacation :). The entries are looking fantastic so far. Keep it going y'all!

Lunchbox's hộp ăn trưa dosirak

*Say that $#!+ 3 times fast...

This is a family recipe...a blend of Korean, and Vietnamese (Koreatnamese), that was passed down from whatever I started drinking at 3:00 this afternoon while my 3 year old ran 'nekkid' through the water sprinkler. I make $#!+ up as I go, folks...this one was no exception.

Teaser pic part 1 - the marinade:

Thin sliced pork Marinating for 24 hours in a mix of garlic, habanero, jalapeno, and the other stuff.
maytd20111.jpg

...in the bag, and off to the fridge.
maytd20113.jpg

[/quote]

And a day later...time to cook.
maytd20114.jpg

A delightful mix of jalapeno, serrano, arbol, and garlic.
maytd20116.jpg

Flash-fry for a couple of minutes to brown the garlic...
maytd20115.jpg

Toss in the marinated pork...
maytd20117.jpg

Add the chopped onion, mushrooms, cilantro, and another jalapeno for good measure...
maytd20118.jpg

The pic of the rice sticks vanished, but you all know what they are. I stir fried that with garlic, onion, mushrooms, carrot, bok choy, celery, and whole arbole chiles.
maytd20119.jpg

I got so involved in the green beans, I forgot to take a pic...but it's green beans, soy sauce, ginger, wok oil, garlic, onion, and mushrooms.

And done...tasy as hell. I realize my plating pics suck, and I was going to go buy some fancy plates for this, and future TD entries...but I stopped by the liquor store first, and could only afford paper plates afterwards.

maytd201110.jpg

Closeup:
maytd201111.jpg

Damn this was good...a little too much lemon, but damn good.

Damn wicked, that looks awesome!!
Squid and shrimp...
What a great way to use up some leftover bait from your fishing adventure.
Just threw in a pinch of cope in your honor.

Alright....Retta has gone home (a little fuller that when she arrived).

Here we have our interpretation of:SOO-SHEE

Here's a list of (main)ingredients.....put together in various combinations. (it was dark.....nobody knows for sure what happened):

-Lobster
-Snow crab
-Salmon
-Avocado
-Cream cheese
-Carrot
-Cucumber
-Red Pepper
-Jalapeno
-Habanero
-Nori
-Rice
-Beer (hey....how did that.....nevermind.)
-Stuff
-More neat stuff
-Stuff to go on the stuff

.....just go look at the dang teaser.

I have 50 or more photos...and there's NO WAY to show all I'd like in ten photos. So, if anyone doubts I made any part of this....I have photographic proof available upon request.

Oh look!...here's something different. It's a wrapped and deep-fried lobster maki:

100_4035.jpg

100_4036.jpg

More on that here in a sec...

Here's two hours worth of work:

100_4040.jpg

This is me.....being......me:

100_4043.jpg

More of the plating cause it's far more interesting than the goof in the red shirt:

100_4044.jpg

100_4047.jpg

Closeups:

100_4048.jpg

100_4050.jpg

THIS is the Mother's Day nigiri. It's a WHOLE lobster tail!

100_4052.jpg

Happy Mother's Day, Retta!!

100_4053.jpg

ta-da.

oh noe,,,ima beat dowj buy a geisha weain guitar payin maiden, Who knew..>?,,,ambiien kickin in hafd now,,

Need to have mu mojo wofiij to dfieiththe uwh000000wuwwws00su9 oo0 rr0ooooH Hhh beedtime for bojxo now

have to fijjd a i-9pipp0w t0 lau mu heahdll

Abrein dreams coming up,,,

True Storykkk,, HiJohnny chingas did this to me,,,Dressed to the nines and outasight' Players WIN< Suckah;s roll homme.
I ainlt driven,,,,

True storyboom shakalaka hotnessessess. Shazaam!

oh noe,,,ima beat dowj buy a geisha weain guitar payin maiden, Who knew..>?,,,ambiien kickin in hafd now,,
Need to have mu mojo wofiij to dfieiththe uwh000000wuwwws00su9 oo0 rr0ooooH Hhh beedtime for bojxo now
have to fijjd a i-9pipp0w t0 lau mu heahdll
Abrein dreams coming up,,,
True Storykkk,, HiJohnny chingas did this to me,,,Dressed to the nines and outasight' Players WIN< Suckah;s roll homme.
I ainlt driven,,,,
True storyboom shakalaka hotnessessess. Shazaam!

Umm... errr.... what HE said!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back