Pippy's UDS Challenge

I think I'll wait to see if he cooks on it to make it official. You know Pippy. He may forget while staring at a spider in the corner or something :rofl:

thehotpepper.com said:
Pippy WIN!

I know you'll cook on it tomorrow. Congrats! Post pics.

:woohoo:

I'm going to cook some of my home made sausages tomorrow night....I'll be soaking the wood chips tomorrow morning so they are ready in the afternoon....

I'll have to get the temps up a little bit cause I'll only have about 3 to 3.5 hours to cook them..

I still have to make a proper coal basket and paint it but they will happen over the next week. and i'm planning on mounting the lid holder that comes with the webber kettle BBQ's on the side as well

but spiders are so interesting and distracting......

It didn't take long to get rid of your avatar....:lol:

I guess your dancing pepper needs to do the UDS dance now.

With broken English and all. :lol:

Can't view pics from work. Must go to black ops off the reservation mode.

Finger twitching next to the "Congratulations" button. It is in the realm of keyboard buttons surrounded by "Auto-Ignore", "Yeah, Right!" "It's the Internet Stupid!", and the "It's painfully obvious that you sir are high on crack!" button.

Salute! TB.

millworkman said:
Well done mate, one question though. Whats the upturned pipe at the bottom for?

Thanks mate. That is the ball valve that regulates the air flow which in turn regulates the temperature.

It's turned up for 2 reasons. 1. it takes up less room storage wise, 2. I don't have to bend over as much to make an adjustment...:D

Eventually I would like to get a lentgh of pipe threaded so the ball valve is at the same height as the lid.

moyboy said:
I don't have to bend over as much to make an adjustment...:D

Knowing the person that'll be beggin you for food now - that's a really good safety feature! ;)

Man, exactly how good do you feel now?

imaguitargod said:
Its....its....its so beautiful....I'm happy for you!

:D

MrArboc said:
Knowing the person that'll be beggin you for food now - that's a really good safety feature! ;)

Man, exactly how good do you feel now?

I feel bloody great and I'm counting down the hours till I finish work so I can do my first smoke in it this afternoon......

I have the hickory wood soaking in water as we speak...:)

Heehehe, pippy builded it!! Hahahaha. Nice work moyboy, i think that coal basket rocks as does the coal basket....

Bwahahahahhahahahaha, finally thp gets a new avator. Thank christ for that!

Oh yeah the poll, it's even now that you have finished building the uds, go figure!

Btw im coming over for a beer this afternoon. I'll invite myself seeing as though you weren't going to.

Today might not be the best day as I'll be running around like crazy this afternnon as cooking on the smoker isn't the only thing I have to do...

Back