Pippy's UDS Challenge

thehotpepper.com said:
Experiment with chicken, you can't really mess it up. Decide if you're going to marinate, brine, dry rub, mop, sauce, etc... it will turn out good no matter what you do with chicken, just don't sauce it till near the end or it will burn.

Sausage and fish are easy too!

Then go to ribs. Some good info here on the forum.

Ask questions here before you get to pork shoulder or brisket. You'll get there, but those are harder (plateauing periods of pork, etc.)

All good info. I will most certainly be trying a chicken in the coming weeks. and I can't wait till i'm going well then I'll be getting into the "fatties"......:)

Thanks for the info THP

chilliman said:
good on ya Moy! nicely done !

That's CM, I've finished the build and started the love affair....:lol:

Don't try to smoke a steak, grill it ;)

TB, It started out as plain cous cous and I added the mushrooms, spring onions, garlic, herbs and spices....It was pretty nice.

I love it as well but it usually has to have other things with it. I can't always eat it plain....A bit of feta or something along those lines would probably be really nice.

Good job Moyboy! I've been away for a bit, can't believe she's finally here! It's like the end of an era- no more you not building the UDS saga...

boutros said:
Good job Moyboy! I've been away for a bit, can't believe she's finally here! It's like the end of an era- no more you not building the UDS saga...

Thanks mate....

and what a long saga it was, I think it was around 180ish days for saying i'd build it to it actually happening.......but it gave a few people here a bit of fun......:)

The length was one thing, the global scope was another. Pretty funny. Sometimes I'd be at work and shit, see a barrel of somethin and think "I wonder how that guy in Australia's smoker is comin' along..." The wonders of the internet I guess, lol

moyboy said:
Thanks mate....

and what a long saga it was, I think it was around 180ish days for saying i'd build it to it actually happening.......but it gave a few people here a bit of fun......:)

189 days, 22 hours, 56 minutes :shocked:

Pepperfreak said:
Talk about a procrastinator. :rolleyes: WOW! :rofl:

Yeah i guess you're right but it's more that I said I would do it without really thinking that I would be forced to follow through....:lol:

Novacastrian said:
Hence the term gunner. :P Have a great weekend Pip!
Look who's talking, you're not done yet. Go drill some more holes so it works.

What's worse? A slow poke, or a half-ass :rofl:

I dunno probably a slow assed half poke with a hole in his shoe, wait there thats you.
Hey i am a poet and i didn't even know it...

Edit: Did i mention that i am a mechanical ginger beer? No really, i am!!! :rofl:

Back