Pippy's UDS Challenge

At least Pippy seems to be trying :)
He must really want those five bottles of Tabasco....

:rofl:

Moyboy- I know there's a lot of pressure, what with all the global attention on your UDS, but don't despair!

Give in to the dark side! Or the easy side anyway...

IMG_3979.jpg

I did! Even at the risk of incurring a hit on the Nova fail-o-meter. Had to be done, had a sudden ton of yellowfin and tail and had to season & smoke it up quick!

Good luck!

boutros, looks like a good bit of gear...Is it a cold smoker?

So......I've got some metal attachments for the vent holes and will be going to a plumbing place this afternoon to find some lock rings to hold the attachments in place.

Also going to a local kitchen place looking for a threaded temp gauge with good temp markings....I can get one from the BBQ place but it only gives a temp marking every 40 - 50 degress. :(

I emptied the ash out of the drum (I was using the drum for storage) and got it out in the open ready to go...hopefully i'll be having a play tonight.....:woohoo:

Better get those sauces in a mail bag THP...:lol:

It seems okay so far. Electric, only runs at like 225 F/107 C when you plug it in. Wish I could regulate it to go like 150 to 300ish. Convenient though.

Looks like you're on your way though! Got some pics or are you gonna drop the smoker on us all at once?

Hey moy if the brigade shows up make sure you have a hot plate and a couple of snags on standby. You see they cant say sh!t if you are using the fire to cook with ;)

Not a bad idea young nova...I will do the burn out late at night so should be all good, My nieghbours are all pretty good cause the nieghbour over my back fence has an open fire every few nights and nothing is ever said.....

Boutros, I haven't got any pics yet but will look at taking some before pics this afternoon. I might wait till it is completely finished before putting up the 'making of' pic's so all the non believers can think they are winning....:lol:

moyboy said:
Boutros, I haven't got any pics yet but will look at taking some before pics this afternoon. I might wait till it is completely finished before putting up the 'making of' pic's so all the non believers can think they are winning....:lol:
What he really means he has to go back fishing for it now well according to his avtar :lol:

11 to 10 now...

HAH! 'Lessen he breaks it out for the throwdown this weekend my ouiji board and witchdoctor both predict....FAIL.

Salute',TB.

you using the same ouiji board I am TB?...

Yes there is progress but I'm not posting pics till it's all done......Just to leave you all wondering if i'm actually getting to it...:D

Well........

The big question is......Am I getting the UDS done or is it still an IDS????

It's still up in the air, the Fails may shine through as being correct or the wins could be triumphant..:lol:

Back