• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Yeah I know there are guages for checking the highest and lowest temps in one day but they are costly. I will make myself go out one night after I get up to feed Jake and go have a look. I will be up anyway!
The other thing is Adam has one of those handheld infrared temp things for his welding, so I might borrow that and do some spot tests.
How long are you going fishing for? Sounds like you will have fun. Yeah put me in your will, but can you sow some more seeds first and clean your greenhouse :lol:

Yeah can sublet or I can hire you and you can help me setup my mini nursery. :)

Yeah I know when I got my Weather station is was expensive. Just now I see lots of them online and cheap ones in Bunnings. Don’t know how accurate they are but here is one for 25 Bucks http://www.oo.com.au/Indoor_Outdoor_Digital_Weath_P42249.cfm .

I’m going to Exmouth for 12 Days, got 10 bottles of Jaegermeister and a Carton of Red Bulls so we should have some fun.

Micca

Yeah I know when I got my Weather station is was expensive. Just now I see lots of them online and cheap ones in Bunnings. Don’t know how accurate they are but here is one for 25 Bucks http://www.oo.com.au/Indoor_Outdoor_Digital_Weath_P42249.cfm .

I’m going to Exmouth for 12 Days, got 10 bottles of Jaegermeister and a Carton of Red Bulls so we should have some fun.

Micca

Only 10 bottles ... I hope you have a few cases of Beer to wash it down then or you'll get thirsty out there :rofl:
:beer:

Of course Trippa. I’ll probably take up 3 to 4 Cartons of Beer and buy the rest up there. My mates also got 5 Cartons of Premix Bourbon cans too!

Micca

Thanks guys. that first one seems very technical! The second one I think my mum has in her house. Looks alright however does it have a sensor you put outside? If so then I could put it into the hothouse... Might look into it more.

You better start writing your will Micca. I can see a possible drowning happening with all those drinks and a boat! Have a great time and catch lots!!!

Your going to have one hell of a hangover Micca. Should last about six months by my calculations.
Livers are going cheap too, they put one in that armpit Darren Hintch. You should have no worries!

Well, just gave my plants a good neem and Mavrik and hopefully that'll slow the little [insert very nasty expletive here] down until I decide my attack plan for this season. Mixing the two always seems to be more effective than using either on it's own.... but unfortunately still not effective enough.

Does anyone know if these persimillis mites will eat broad mites too (or just spider mites)? At this stage I REALLY don't want to resort to Rogor again and wouldn't mind giving predators a shot.

Hmmm, these cucumeris things sound like a bit of OK to try and control my mites. Apparently "Cucumeris is particularly useful in capsicum, because pollen provides a source of food to build up high populations." :think:

Hmmm, these cucumeris things sound like a bit of OK to try and control my mites. Apparently "Cucumeris is particularly useful in capsicum, because pollen provides a source of food to build up high populations." :think:
yes thats another one. A guy I spoke to suggested for me to use the other one instead, cant remember why, might have to do with temps and environment.

On another note here is a link to a hort mag I read. It has a story about seedling mixes and talks about peat, perlite, vermiculite, sand etc.. I think I remember someone asking about the PH of peat? It's in here http://www.hortjournal.com.au/currentissue.php

yes thats another one. A guy I spoke to suggested for me to use the other one instead, cant remember why, might have to do with temps and environment.

On another note here is a link to a hort mag I read. It has a story about seedling mixes and talks about peat, perlite, vermiculite, sand etc.. I think I remember someone asking about the PH of peat? It's in here http://www.hortjournal.com.au/currentissue.php
What's the cost of the ones your using? I really wanna try these cucumbers but they seem a little pricey.... $55 for 40,000 of 'em.... I dunno, is that OK you reckon? Surely I wouldn't need anymore than that! (that is, provided they set up shop and stick around)

Really don't know enough about this predatory mite stuff...... :lol:

I don't know, they are just going to send an invoice. Most bugs I've ordered have been around $30-$50.
Guess what the courier has just delivered... they have come in a foam box with ice to keep cool.hmm price might go up a bit with courier and packaging. Now gotta read on how to release again.

Might have to do a google search for cheap Livers if I make it back :lol: If Hinchy boy can get one..............
Alright time to write my will!!

Micca

Another new arrival last night with my first Hab White Bullet sprout ... :woohoo: fingers crossed that I have had a fatalii or T. Scorp or purple tiger pop last night/today ...

Here's some pics from my germination setup.

Pic 1: Germination setup, water heating rod set to 28C. Some air stones get the water to move around and help create more humidity
Pic 2: Some of the germinated Butch T's already. I use expanded clay balls to raise the pots a little, then fill the square drip tray with water to create additional humidity for those plants
Pic 3: Looks like I actually got a Frangipani to flower in winter indoors! My wife stole a cutting from a Frangipani in Noosa in March while on holiday, and I have no idea what colour it's going to be
Pic 4: Overall setup. This box sits in the loungeroom, wife wasn't too happy to begin with, but she now realises she can dump stuff on top of it!

Back