• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Good stuff. That germination method rocks!

Yep, it really does. Kudos to Neil for the idea in the first place.

I travel pretty much every week for work, sometimes for a week at a time, so I've been looking for ways where I can keep everything in check for at upto 7 days at a time. So this is about the best thing I can do at the moment.

Things will definitely change when I have to get the plants out into a greenhouse outside, might have to involve the wife for a few months ;)

looking good milkman. Where do you buy those trays for the jiffy pellets or did you just get it with a germ kit?

I think that tray was originally purposed for those stupid jiffy fibre pots that they sell. I tried them once, hated them, but found that they were the perfect size for normal jiffy pellets!

In fact, I think I might of even got it at Bunnings. Can't wait for this Woolworths hardware store to open, will drive prices down for this stuff I hope.

yeah ive seen the kits in bunnings but just want the trays.I have seen a website that i think sells them but dont know what postage would be like.
Yes I've heard a bit about this new store, apparently the garden section is going to be good.

How hard is it with the aquarium heater setup to control the moisture in the Jiffy Pellets?? Ie do they get too wet (or unlikely) dry out??

That was the route I was going to go down but convenience and lack of space won out and I went for the heated propagation box.

All 64 pages?!?!? Nah...... But hey ho - HOWDY! Glad to see things seem to be going well for most of you with your grows - I'll be jealous when the snow hits here!

Just got my second lot of aphidius and aphilinus for aphids. Thought they were all gone from the last lot, so just released them in the same spots, then at the end in one of my garden beds full of weeds found that they were absolutely covered in aphids. Fingers crossed these little guys find their way there!

First pod for the, uh, "coming" season! :woohoo: :D

IMG_6240.jpg

The plant is still very small, but I can't bear to pinch an already forming pod (got a little lazy and now it's too late! :lol:)

Dunno what the brown crap on the stem is either, but it's REALLY pissing me off!

IMG_6241.jpg

Any ideas anyone?

Nope but i get it sometimes as well. Doesnt seem to upset them at all.
Oh yeah you suck, pods in winter indeed!

I see very small white dot but have never had mites, so dunno! Lace em up anyway!
Yeah, broad mites are extremely hard to spot with the naked eye and if you can spot 'em, they look like nothing more than a little dust (i.e. little white dots).

Underside of a broad mite infested leaf:

IMG_3797.jpg

I guess I always just freak out now when I spot little white spots on my plants..... :lol:

Please be dust, please be dust, PLEEEEASE be dust! :pray:

Back