• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Seafood Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope we get some more down under action tomorrow!

In the mean time.. "here, Fishy, Fishy, Fishy...."

And for the first few posters.....OMG! I hope you took notes cuz if we're ever in your neighborhood, I'm inviting us for dinner at your place!

My stuff coming tomorrow~

Open Sushi on Nori with Tatsoi Salad

Ingredients
P8090582_01.jpg

Smoking on green tea, brown sugar, long grain rice and puffed rice.
P8090586_01.jpg

Plated.
P8090588_01.jpg

Very tender :)
P8090590_01.jpg

Halibut and Shrimp Tostadas Veracruz

Got some butt and shrimp and sauteed them up in the cast iron with canola oil, Lawry's and hungarian paprika. Meanwhile in another cast iron I had garlic, diced tomato, diced yellow onion, diced red bell, 'peno, sliced green olive and AJ's TriniScorp Puree gettin' all happy. Oh man, the heat from the T-Scorp puree was very good but any more and I would have wound up on the killing floor. I loaded up the tostadas, each with some butt and shrimp and then ladled on the sauce Veracruz and topped with a little avocado and a little chipotle ranch drizzle. KILLER!!

Here's teh carnage...

IMG_2580.jpg

They should use this puree on death row..
IMG_2581.jpg

This sauce is incredible on its own and authentic Mexican too!

IMG_2584.jpg

Have mercy!

IMG_2587.jpg

Awesomenessessess...

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

It is done...amen.

TB! Incredible! How did you get six pictures in one post? I thought the limit was four. I wasted so much time editing down to my four best when I could have just stopped at six and posted them all. Manzies, I'm bummed.

Oh yeah, and nice tostadas.

TB! Incredible! How did you get six pictures in one post? I thought the limit was four. I wasted so much time editing down to my four best when I could have just stopped at six and posted them all. Manzies, I'm bummed.

Oh yeah, and nice tostadas.

Much obliged Sum...the old THP format only allowed 4 pics but the new format in addition to resizing pics for the current format also allows for more pics in a post. Discovered it by accident myself. You could probably go back and edit your original post and add more pics if you still have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back