• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Seafood Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep an eye on the time! Ticktock to 10:00 est.....

FRYDAD'S SNAPPER ALA NOVA

Made a semi-traditional Snapper Escovich, using red and green serranos and Aji Lemons that came from Novacastrian's bloodline. Thanks again, Nova.

Made a slaw with purple and green stuff, nice and creamy to offset the heat from the peppers. This was a dish to behold. Ask anyone who has had Escovich, its tangy and pickley and spicy and crispy. Basically it's a mouth full of awesomeness.
P1030848.jpg

P1030853.jpg

Cast Iron Makes It Better!
CIMG1099.jpg

And the relish....
CIMG1101.jpg

Money Shots...
CIMG1117.jpg

CIMG1108.jpg

It was a fun one, good times!
FD

Almost over! A little over an hour.

DTS the fish had to be spicy, have to keep it fair and disqualify that, sorry. Looks killer though.

Paul...where 'da KYPosse at? Jay.....you get a big fat BOOOOOOO for bowing out. All Aussie chicks get a pass. All other Aussie's...you know who you are..that didn't post fish products get a booooooo too! :rofl:

Reactions: mel
Salsalady - I'm just a little confused now. The peppers you ID as serrano-esque, the two look like serranos, I agree. The large, curved green one, though, looks just like my cow horns. Are those three from the same plant?

Just sign me - Learnin' a Thing or Two....

Fresh Northwest Steelhead and Peppers

The ingredients- simple as it can get-
Fresh NW steelhead
garden fresh fatalii and ???(serrano-esque) peppers
shrimp
homemade horseradish (from the garden) in the cocktail sauce
fresh pico de gallo
corn on the cob grilled with butter and Texas Creek Southwest Spice Mix

fresh from the pepper patch chiles and my only little fatalii. Awww, ain't it CUTE?!?

100_4001.jpg

Salsakid was helping in the kitchen and on the grill for this one. And Salsadude helped out with the steelhead. The fatalii and one of the ???peppers got minced and simmered in the butter with garlic. Check out the LUV on this baby!

Mixed up the cocktail sauce for the shrimp- just a basic catsup, lemon juice and garden horseradish. YOWZA! That clears out the sinuses!

The Money Shots-

Let's go Paulkyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Hurrrry!

Circle-H Grilled Seafood, Crab Cake-Stuffed Mushrooms, and Crab-Cheese Fondue

WHEW!!!!!!

Here are the finished shots.....plus a couple with the .10 POL....

Grilled seafood was dusted with PF's fatalii powder and some S&P....Crab cake stuffed mushrooms are diced habanero, lump crab, bread crumbs, egg, more PF powder, white wine, and topped with parmesean blended cheese......Prawns are dusted with 7-pod, S&P, and a bit of Old-Bay seasoning....Shrimp skewers are done up nice with Jimbo's BBQ sauce and pepper.. Fondue is crab meat, swiss, flour, garlic, pepper, PF powder and toasted multigrain bread.....

(sorry for the hasty description....I'll elaborate later!!!)

100_1649.jpg

100_1621.jpg

100_1634.jpg

100_1626.jpg

100_1661.jpg

100_1657.jpg

100_1651.jpg

I have lots more piccys....just tryin' to ge in under the wire!!! I hope I didn't over-do....

Awesome lookin' spread Paulky - and just in time! Next time I pass through BGKY, I'll have to invite myelf over.....

This was a really great seafood throwdown and I commend everybody who entered. This was a tough choice with so many entrants but I had to start eliminating somewhere. I just don't care for salmon too oily of a fish for me so that took out about half, sorry guys and gals. The South Florida boys won my vote for serving Yellowtail snapper, one of the best tasting fresh fish right up there with Tripletail. Tb's fish tacos look wonderful and I could eat that everyday, and who wouldn't want to pull up and chair and chow crableg fondue with Paul. That leaves the Yellow tail ceviche w/ grouper and the stuffed Yellowtail w/ lobster tail and a coconut curry sauce, just damn but I voted for the beautiful fresh whole snapper over the cevinche, personal preference. :cheers:

after reviewing all of the entries...I decided to eat at Princess' house...

They all looked amazingly scrumptous, but since I've had a longing for really good fish tacos lately (can't really find them in CLE OH), TB won my vote.

Pauls feast was a late surprise! A bit larger than a plate, but a buffet style masterpiece that made my eyes water!
I'm not a salmon guy, so those entries couldn't get it. For me it was between Sum and Wicked. Props to Wicked for using florida fish and lobster. Our fishing industry really needs support! Yours was a great entry!
Bottom line, I went with Sum, who's dish I tasted firsthand. The grouper was spicy and awesome, the ceviche cool and refreshing. Well done, sir!

Hard to choose this one..For me it comes down to Perko and Paul, Paul yours looks soo good but Im gonna go with Perko on this one. Perko, that is bigtime awesomeness !

Say, Boss...what time does the voting close?

thanks-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back