Deep fryers?

Barbecue or barbeque (with abbreviations BBQ, Bar-B-Q and Bar-B-Que, diminutive form barbie, used chiefly in Australia, and called Braai in South Africa) is a method and apparatus for cooking food, often meat, with the heat and hot gases of a fire, smoking wood, or hot coals of charcoal and may include application of a marinade, spice rub, or basting sauce to the meat. The term as a noun can refer to the cooking apparatus itself, or to a party that includes such food. The term as an adjective can refer to foods cooked by this method. The term is also used as a verb for the act of cooking food in this manner. Barbecue is usually cooked in an outdoor environment heated by the smoke of wood or charcoal. Restaurant barbecue may be cooked in large brick or metal ovens specially designed for that purpose.

In US English usage, however, grilling refers to a fast process over high heat, while barbecuing refers to a slow process using indirect heat and/or hot smoke (very similar to some forms of roasting).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue

In other words, you bbq ribs, and grill steaks...usually...

Thanks to marketing, it's all confusing and messed up. :D

Peanut oil lasts the longest..just make sure everyone knows its peanut oil.

Derek, look at this model too
The "cool zone" located beneath the heating element prevents oil from ever burning, reducing odor and keeping the oil clean for repeated use.

I have this one and its great for small indoor frying

cheezydemon said:
Wow! You are OK Derek.

I must admit, I threw you a Chilehunter like barb. You took it with grace and ease!

Seriously, A big cast iron dutch oven is ideal. Short of that, a cast iron frying pan is next best.

A candy thermometer, or a nice digital thermometer is necessary as well.http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=2750&highlight=digital+thermometer
It's cool man, I've learned a very long time ago on another forum that you have to take shit with the grain of salt, Life is too short to deal with piss matters.

QuadShotz said:
That's pretty slick.

And...Henckels makes....Espresso Spoons?! WTF!?!
Man please stop showing me all these gadgets because I'm freaking drooling!

Chef Jimmie said:
lol...you mean you dont have those spoons yet?
LOL, I can bend the spoon with the force :)

Back