Deep fryers?

PhatManDerek said:
Hey Ormi, What's Old school?

Because I thought I was doing it old school with the broiler & then bake them, but THP said that's not grilling them!

DUDE... I use to just heat up oil in a pot and fry away lol... I'm assuming that'd be considered old school

ExtremeBurn said:
DUDE... I use to just heat up oil in a pot and fry away lol... I'm assuming that'd be considered old school
That's what I do. I'm still alive, so I guess it means it's safe. :shocked:

PhatManDerek said:
Hey Ormi, What's Old school?

Because I thought I was doing it old school with the broiler & then bake them, but THP said that's not grilling them!
I never said "old school" I moved your wing thread from the BBQ section because they're not BBQ. BBQ is done outside.

Ok here's my two cents. One, I have a great home deedfryer. It is Emeril's and it is a commercial style (only smaller) deepfryer that you can cook with then drain and filter the oil every time so the oil lasts much longer. Costs about $100. Two, sorry Creator, but I like peanut oil much better for wings. Tastes better and lasts longer. Oh, and I cook my wings at about 375F.

JayT said:
Ok here's my two cents. One, I have a great home deedfryer. It is Emeril's and it is a commercial style (only smaller) deepfryer that you can cook with then drain and filter the oil every time so the oil lasts much longer. Costs about $100. Two, sorry Creator, but I like peanut oil much better for wings. Tastes better and lasts longer. Oh, and I cook my wings at about 375F.
I was looking at that one on Amazon today and its around $89, I also cook with peanut oil.

I love it. Use it a few times then drain the oil into the sealed pan underneath. Then take out the basket and the bin and throw them in the dishwasher. When they are clean and dry put them back in unscrew the oil pan and pour it right back in. Its that easy.

I have one like JT. I do not cook hotter the 350. If you heat your oil to 400 or hotter it breaks down faster and is only good for 1-2 time because it is what they call burnt and usually will just make the food more oily.Save the bottle you get the oil in then when you are done with it but it back and trash. just IMO
Dan

I understand the peanut oil thing, I use peanut oil when frying up turkeys. However, I don't want oil-flavored wings, choosing to accentuate the sauce. To each his own.

DEFCON Creator said:
I understand the peanut oil thing, I use peanut oil when frying up turkeys. However, I don't want oil-flavored wings, choosing to accentuate the sauce. To each his own.
What Oil do you use?

Here's the fry daddy I've purchased, Now I'm very tapped till June. Alton's Brown's fry daddy show came on again and I've took every suggestion he offered for a fry daddy, And this one had all his suggestions which makes me happy.

499998100_fNxWD-S.jpg

&

499998071_MdLEv-S.jpg

Back