Deep fryers?

Sickmont said:
You have to work on that then.
Ah ok, Anyways I was reading my instructions on what kind of oil to use, It says don't use Peanut oil because it impacts the taste, LOL LOL, that's the whole reason we use LOL.

PhatManDerek said:
What Oil do you use?

I only use canola. It lends NO flavor to the wings. You stated you use it FOR the flavor it lends. That's fine for a turkey, but for wings, you (well, at least I) want to accentuate the sauce, not the oil it was cooked in.

DEFCON Creator said:
That's fine for a turkey, but for wings, you (well, at least I) want to accentuate the sauce, not the oil it was cooked in.
I will expand on this. A wing is very small, with little meat. If you use an oil with a heavy flavor it will flavor the wing, whereas, as Defcon said, with a turkey, it's basically flavoring the skin.

A peanut oil may be good for an Asian style wing, with a satay style wing sauce.

thehotpepper.com said:
I will expand on this. A wing is very small, with little meat. If you use an oil with a heavy flavor it will flavor the wing, whereas, as Defcon said, with a turkey, it's basically flavoring the skin.

A peanut oil may be good for an Asian style wing, with a satay style wing sauce.
Ok what about for bbq wings?

That's the only wing I want.

If ya want a lil of the peanut flavor, just add a bit to the canola. :)

My fave dood Ming just uses a stock pot and oil at 375F, after all...simple is good.

http://www.ming.com/simplyming/recipes/Season6/607_HotandSpicyWings.html

Far as getting rid of used oil, does yer city hav e oil recycling center or reclamation plant? Some places ya can just label it so they don't think it's motor oil and leave for trash pick-up/recycling. Or, check local restaurants who may save their leftover oil for sale to a rendering plant.

Also, ya can advertize in CL. The ppl who drive bio-deisel cars like that.

DO NOT pour down your drain...besides being irresponsible, it's probably going to ruin your pipes and may be illegal in your area.

PhatManDerek said:
Well you have to dip the wings in the oil then let them cook, Then slather the bbq sauce on it.
That ain't Q :lol:

UM....I have a nice fryer, but only because it was free....

aren't you the same phatman that posted the thread

BEST CAST IRON SKILLET FOR SMOKING?????????

Lets clear this up.

Smokers and grills (sometimes) are for smoking.

Cast iron mother f()cking skillets are the best deep fryer you will find.

They retain heat like no other, and actually out perform the "fry-daddy" things if you have a good thermometer.

With a nice deep one, you can still use the basket, which is ideal for shaking off excess flour and such.

cheezydemon said:
UM....I have a nice fryer, but only because it was free....

aren't you the same phatman that posted the thread

BEST CAST IRON SKILLET FOR SMOKING?????????

Lets clear this up.

Smokers and grills (sometimes) are for smoking.

Cast iron mother f()cking skillets are the best deep fryer you will find.

They retain heat like no other, and actually out perform the "fry-daddy" things if you have a good thermometer.

With a nice deep one, you can still use the basket, which is ideal for shaking off excess flour and such.

QuadShotz said:
I tend to think of my ginormous ex-restaurant Wok as my deep fryer, but I hava gas range...so that helps.

Here's sone good guidelines from the Asian POV, but good in general.

http://chinesefood.about.com/library/bldeepfrytips.htm

Cooking small quantites at a time helps too, you don't want to cool the oil off too much. Plus, it's less messy. :)
Thanks for the tip guys, By the way I love about.com for the cooking recipes and so on.

PhatManDerek said:
That's what you guys and gals are here for to educate me :)
Are you saying you don't know what BBQ (barbecue) is? Just checking.

thehotpepper.com said:
Are you saying you don't know what BBQ (barbecue) is? Just checking.
Well I do now, Normally the bbing was done by my step dad and I've never watched him do it. But now I'm learning lot's of shit since I've moved out of my folks house. I had the real basic understanding of bbqing in my head but now I'm learning the real way from you guys!

Using BBQ sauce as a condiment doesn't turn the food into BBQ, it's just adding a flavor. But if you like it, that's fine. Don't learn from KFC ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
Using BBQ sauce as a condiment doesn't turn the food into BBQ, it's just adding a flavor. But if you like it, that's fine. Don't learn from KFC ;)
Ha, I worked at KFC for a year when I was a teenager, They always threw everything in the deep fryer though and slathered bbq sauce on.

I'm just saying.

Back