Deep fryers?

There's some neato ones with little baskets, lids, etc.

Personally I use a "fry-daddy" type that is pretty much just an electric heated pot. It was about 12 bucks. The thing about deep frying is that I always do it outside. Otherwise my house ends up smelling like a greasy spoon dive for a day or two.

chuk hell said:
There's some neato ones with little baskets, lids, etc.

Personally I use a "fry-daddy" type that is pretty much just an electric heated pot. It was about 12 bucks. The thing about deep frying is that I always do it outside. Otherwise my house ends up smelling like a greasy spoon dive for a day or two.
Thanks for the reply Chuck, I'm looking for one that has the lid and high temp, I wished I remember what Alton brown used on Good eats because he had one that I could use here in the Apartment!

PhatManDerek said:
Thanks for the reply Chuck, I'm looking for one that has the lid and high temp, I wished I remember what Alton brown used on Good eats because he had one that I could use here in the Apartment!

dude... i agree with chuk... whenever I fry in my deep fryer it stinks to holy hell. i think what ever you buy will stink, and what's high temp to you... I'm sure most will get up to the temp you are looking for lol

ExtremeBurn said:
dude... i agree with chuk... whenever I fry in my deep fryer it stinks to holy hell. i think what every you buy will stink, and what's high temp to you... I'm sure most will get up to the temp you are looking for lol
375-450, and I got a power generator at my folks home if I ever want to use it outside, I know I want to probably stay with the rvial units.

chuk hell said:
The thing about deep frying is that I always do it outside. Otherwise my house ends up smelling like a greasy spoon dive for a day or two.

If I do any deep frying it is done outside as well. Unless it is really windy, cold, rainy etc., then I do it in the garage.

Josh said:
If I do any deep frying it is done outside as well. Unless it is really windy, cold, rainy etc., then I do it in the garage.
I don't mind it smelling like a dive for a day LOL!

ExtremeBurn said:
that's WAY better than the one I have... but I'm not complaining... ok, maybe a little. btw I like it lol
What do you have Eb?

And you still didn't answer my question about GR restaurants?

PhatManDerek said:
I don't mind it smelling like a dive for a day LOL!

What do you have Eb?

And you still didn't answer my question about GR restaurants?

Dude, I'd be more than happy... you have my number and you can get a hold of me on here anytime... just give me a heads up

ExtremeBurn said:
Dude, I'd be more that happy... you have my number and you can get a hold of me on here anytime... just give me a heads up
That's a deal, By the way Where is that resturant that has robotic animals? and is kid friendly?

I can't remeber it's name and Do guys have a sonic's that way?

PhatManDerek said:
That's a deal, By the way Where is that resturant that has robotic animals? and is kid friendly?

I can't remeber it's name and Do guys have a sonic's that way?

Dude... sonic is here.... I have no f'n clue about robots hahahaha, BUT I hope to god we find some!!!!!

ExtremeBurn said:
Dude... sonic is here.... I have no f'n clue about robots hahahaha, BUT I hope to god we find some!!!!!
Well from what I remember its animatronics and the theme is jungle book, I thought that be a cool place to bring my newphew, Hes almost 2 so he would have a ton of fun there, unless you know a few kid friendly places?

By the way love the sonic jalapeno burger which has more burn then the bk angry burger LOL.

PhatManDerek said:
375-450, and I got a power generator at my folks home if I ever want to use it outside, I know I want to probably stay with the rvial units.
Thread moved.

:eek: Deep frying at 450! :eek:
:fire:

I'll give you a little advice... optimal frying temp is 370-375. The cheaper rigs only go to 365. Hope this helps.

PhatManDerek said:

If you have access to outside, do what I do, use a turkey fryer. You can cook 10 pounds at a time (in about 15 minutes). At outdoor gigs, I'll have 4-5 of them going at once, a true symphony of wing frying.

Also, I have to second the concern, frying at 450 degrees? Very dangerous dude. I never let the heat get over 400. And use canola oil, as it won't flavor the wings, and allows whatever you put on them to really stand out.

Sauceman51 said:
whatever you end up getting, check out how difficult it will be
to clean it.
Good Point, I think Alton Brown said something in his show as well.

thehotpepper.com said:
Thread moved.

:eek: Deep frying at 450! :eek:
:fire:

I'll give you a little advice... optimal frying temp is 370-375. The cheaper rigs only go to 365. Hope this helps.
Thank you for the thread moving and thanks for the adivce on the temps, It will help me a lot.

DEFCON Creator said:
If you have access to outside, do what I do, use a turkey fryer. You can cook 10 pounds at a time (in about 15 minutes). At outdoor gigs, I'll have 4-5 of them going at once, a true symphony of wing frying.

Also, I have to second the concern, frying at 450 degrees? Very dangerous dude. I never let the heat get over 400. And use canola oil, as it won't flavor the wings, and allows whatever you put on them to really stand out.
I betcha that is some show though? But seriously I wouldn't be cooking for that many people. I'll probably cook for like 10 people at the most.

Omri said:
I don't have a deep-fryer... :oops:
I'm still doing it old school.
Hey Ormi, What's Old school?

Because I thought I was doing it old school with the broiler & then bake them, but THP said that's not grilling them!

Back