event 2012 Zestfest Pics and stories

You're awesome LB, but you already know that.
Mr eloquent . You.
Now go smack TB in his palm, ....... up high for me.

NICE LB, I hope I can come too, and you come here, and we'll watch the sun go down with the smell of burning cow, and the taste of whiskey in our mouths!

Dude...I would so love to host a pepper/drunk-a-thon here this summer...now...how to get the wife on board...

She's cool...and really naughty...which is in no way applicable to this conversation.,.

I'm so horrible at keeping up on all this- Sorry Folks.......

BUT- I don't want these to get lost in the shuffle, so ...

Sam previously mentioned it, and I'm sorry I didn't respond at the time. This evening is the first chance I've had to take a breath and get caught up on a few things.

A couple other awards-
zesty Sweets- a combo of Chocolates by George & Zack & Zanes 3rd Place

Table Seasoning- Volcanic Peppers- Volcanic Dust 1ST PLACE!

Congrats to both (or maybe ...ALL...) you folks!

ps- Sam, Uncle Thom remembers Houston, and Flaming Joe is :crazy: :lol: and Cindy says "Hi, Miss you"

Got tons of pics, and will post them when I get back. We pretty much near sold out everything yesterday. The Horse is gone, the last few DM-MKIII bottles are gone, no more 16 ounce #2 bottles, and a handful of everything else. If anyone is coming today and wants anything from us, get there early!

One pic that stood though, was hanging with the mayor of Irving, TX!

ZF201210.jpg

I dunno john...thought I was pretty cool too....
Ann, my cousin and I did the straight pure evil challenge last night...
Well, that was entertainment!
Sic, tried like hell to wait for you, nut my foot was effin killing me, and I had to get off it!

I didn't see anyone!! Well I did see Salsa Lady but she seemed busy so I didn't want to bother her....I made my purchase and left quietly!

Anyway I didn't buy as much or take as many pictures as I planned to so I'll post some of mine later!

Sorry I missed everyone and I'm sorry I didn't at least greet Salsa Lady now!

Great show non the less!

Sicman that Zombie sauce was probably my favorite sample at the show! I cannot believe that it's $4 a pop! So nice I've already used half of my first bottle.

But...I don't think Sic was going for vintage. Meeting him, and seeing the shirt, and talking...I think he was going for a natural/naturalist style, which is the vibe he puts off.

Personally, Texas Creek is more than I expected, on all fronts. I was prep'd to be polite, supportive, and buy a good sauce from an online friend. What I met, was a focussed woman with products that speak for her, where she may not dare.

I like your view on the Sic shirts better. Mr & Mrs Sic definately seemed down to earth in the short time I was around. My vintage thought was a comparison to the shirts that ARE new but made to look old school. The not white not yellow color was a faded vintage look to me then. I can see the earthy look now that you mention it.

Your assessment of SL's products are right on. Excellent stuff without resorting to the Zombie guys type of advertisement.

And SL is way braver than I was. No way was I going to take a hit of DefCons sludge!

Nice loot Sicman. That should last you a week or two. HAHAHAHAHA.

Too bad Ringside, I feel bad you didn't get to meet SL or anyone else. Sounds like you enjoyed the show tho, and that's a good thing.

Eephusman, you going to send me some of that jarred Texas hooch? Lol

My breakfast included Ghost Fire, and smoked hab garlic from SL. Then I mixed a little of the two together, and...well...I had dirty thoughts.

I've already polished off one bottle of sauce myself... and still haven't needed a Tums.

If I didn't make it clear before, I apologize to anyone I offended, especially SL.

I was so AMPED about all of these products... and the marketing is really critical. So, I was weighing in on thoughts on ZESTFEST (this thread title). This community is deeper than that. And I am a mere interloper at this point. I should have cooled my jets and rolled with it. And, always, it's just my opinion (and was it really THAT negative? I thought it was more complimentary). But, I DID go booth to booth, sample products and form honest opinions. But I realize that it might have been tacky to flippantly post them. Lesson learned.

Haven't really officially introduced myself to the sight, but thought I would say it was wonderful meeting some of you in person. SL you and SK are a delight, and I'm glad we did dinner. Zest Fest has been an experience, and we are excited to get home and start saucing things up. Expect more posts to the Drunken Chef and Cooking with Fire! Now, off to make a proper introduction!

Lady Sic, soooo glad you joined the shinnanigans.
You'll be able to see what your other half is up to around here.
Why, just the other day I told him about our new kitchen timer, and I told him he needed to get one like it for you.
He said he was going to get one, but he wanted to wear it like a beeper, then he pushed me down and said mind your business.

Like I said.... Shinnanigans

7 bucks Tops! Lol

I was so AMPED about all of these products... and the marketing is really critical. So, I was weighing in on thoughts on ZESTFEST (this thread title). This community is deeper than that. And I am a mere interloper at this point. I should have cooled my jets and rolled with it. And, always, it's just my opinion (and was it really THAT negative? I thought it was more complimentary). But, I DID go booth to booth, sample products and form honest opinions. But I realize that it might have been tacky to flippantly post them. Lesson learned.

As I said, Dr P~, no harm done. It's all good~

And SL is way more of a sucker for a dare than I was. No way was I going to take a hit of DefCons sludge!
FIFY~~~~ ;)

some pics of our zest fest booty: sorry ann,the wife spilled pickle juice on your garlic sauce

??? I thought that was one that got hammered by UPS in shipping???

Back