• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite What's your favorite pizza?

CH...in the beginning, pizza was simply leftover dough that became a vehicle for other leftovers. While we have Americanized or should say bastardized the pizza to be the stereotypical pepperoni and mushroom, anything can work. Back in my pro cooking days I ran a special of hamburger pizza complete with mustard, pickles, onions and cheddar cheese. Sold the hell outta' dem thangs. Is was more a novelty than anything but it's one of those ...whatever works. I will however draw the line at smoked salmon pizza topped with calves liver.

Looks like I might be the odd man out on the hot sauce on pizza thang'.

It's hard to go wrong with pizza. Even the crappy stuff. My favorite pizza is the Texas Steak Aggie pizza at little porky's where I used to live. Definitely a good eat. As for a pizza with hot sauce. I like Pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms, onions, the fishie's:P:lol:(Yes I like anchovies. Cooked in is better.)and I either put my El Yucatan Extra Habanero sauce on it or I smear some blair megadeath on. It depends on my moods. It's usually the megadeath, but sometimes I don't feel like gripping my toilet seat in pain the next day..LOL!!! I also like Hawaian pizza. I do however like that without hotsauce.

The last coupla' years, people have been doing pizza on the grill. I'm itchin' to try it myself. Might have to do a sundried tomato/goat cheese pizza for the first experiment.

Famous Passow Pizza is my Favorite! My dad started it 25+ years ago and he made three pizzas every Saturday night until I was 16. Now he only does it occasionally. But I have carried on the Passow Pizza tradition and make it myself...."Famous Passow Pizza. It's famous because we say so." (Ya, I came up with that one.)

Tony Legner's Food Polish is great on pizza.

around here the pizzas are just full of toppings not like pizza hut etc must be a french thing lol I like my meat lovers pizza from the pizzaria and the grilled chicken pizza from maggies bbq both awsome pizzas where 1-2 slices will fill you even if your a big eater;)

imaguitargod said:
Famous Passow Pizza is my Favorite! My dad started it 25+ years ago and he made three pizzas every Saturday night until I was 16. Now he only does it occasionally. But I have carried on the Passow Pizza tradition and make it myself...."Famous Passow Pizza. It's famous because we say so." (Ya, I came up with that one.)
I just enjoyed one of these actually (actually, me, Dave, and two other roomates got to sample this batch). This time, I split it in half. One half had my unknown peppers and the other half had Super Chilies on it...the heat tends to build. WOW! What an endorphin rush! I can't wait to make a pizza consisting of nothing but Red Savinas and Naga's!!!!!!!!!!!!

imaguitargod said:
I just enjoyed one of these actually (actually, me, Dave, and two other roomates got to sample this batch). This time, I split it in half. One half had my unknown peppers and the other half had Super Chilies on it...the heat tends to build. WOW! What an endorphin rush! I can't wait to make a pizza consisting of nothing but Red Savinas and Naga's!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER GONE THAT FAR YET!!!!:lol::lol: I could see me enjoying some on it though. I loooove peppers, but like someone else said. I love my meat as well. Gotta have some shrooms and maybe some fishies as well.;)

So blessed that a pizzaria just opened up near us called "Tony's" (shock) that has REAL good NY style pie. The kind you eat on site because the crust is tossed (by hand) so thin that it doesn't travel well. My kids and I ate there 3 times the week it opened.

My guilty pleasure is a Pizza Hut pan pie. I don't want to likeit, but it works and maybe the best cold pizza in the biz.

Texas Blue, I cannot read your posts without the voice of musician/comedian Tim Wilson in my head, I don't know why!?

CH...don't know who that cat is..(Tim Wilson) Me comedian? Nah...I wouldn't quit my dayjob. You mean I'm funny? Like I'm a clown? I'm here to amuse you? You tell me how I'm so f*&kin' funny!! That's from one of my fav movies..."Goodfellas"
Cheers bro

I think that is the first time I have seen someone quote their self too....you are one of a kind IGG.

My wife makes an awesome pizza with one of those 69 cent powder crust mixes from the grocery, no sauce, just a little olive oil, fresh mozzerella, thinly sliced fresh tomatoes over the cheese - seasoned with salt and pepper. Fresh Basil julienned over it when it comes out of the oven. YUM!

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I like making my own pizza which I occasionally do but its cheaper to order it than make it lol

You think?? My wifes is .69 for the crust(just add water)
home grown tomatoes
$3.00 worth of mozzerella
.10 worth of olive oil
salt and pepper.
maybe .50 worth of electricity.
Basil homegrown

You could add sausage - 2.00
pepperoni - 2.50
olives - .50

I figure you are still less than $10 even loaded with toppings. Of coures those aint canuck dollars!Lol.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I like making my own pizza which I occasionally do but its cheaper to order it than make it lol
I ran the math once, my pizza costs an average $3.40 a pizza to make. And the ingredients I get end up making 2.5 full sized pizzas. (this of course does not include my time)

A little pizza joint near me has a chicken ranch pizza that's awesome. Didn't think I'd like it when i first was introduced to it. No tomato sauce on it, ranch dressing instead. Chunks of white meat, onions, and covered in mozzarella. Really good eating.

every time I make a pizza it costs me usually like 30-40 dollars in ingrediants..mind you I dont make pep and cheese mind you again I dont keep anything in stock here

Back