• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite What's your favorite pizza?

As some of you may or may not know, I look in often at A Hamburger Today. Great burger site!! They have a sister site, Slice, that talks about ...you guessed it...PIZZA! While some disdain burgers and other sammich's of that ilk, I have never heard of anyone not liking pizza..and we all know that pizza is one of the absolute best vehicles for tasting chile's and hot sauce. So what's the fav you crave for pizza. Domino's? Pizza Hut, or local mom & pop. Don't be shy...how many make their own?

BTW I take pita bread and shmear it with tom paste and chopped fresh basil, mozz, and what ever is in the fridge, olives, jalapeno's whatever. After baking I practically make it swim in either Cholula or whatever decent mango hab I have around.

Don't know if there is a truly bad pizza. Pizza is like sex. When it's good it's great! When it's bad..it's still pretty good!

I like my margherita pizza with no toppings, just traditional. I like my Neapolitan pizza plain, or with toppings... pepperoni, or sausage, peppers, and onions (all together), mushrooms, jalapenos, whatever! BBQ chicken pizza, Hawaiian... just love pizza.

You want truly bad pizza? Try Domino's crap. They use Ragu for their pizza sauce. I've been jonesin' for decent pizza ever since i left the NYC area. Florida pizza, with a few wonderful exceptions(and i mean a few), blows.

There is some truely horrific pizza out there, if you don't believe me come visit, I'll order from a place that will make you never want to eat pizza again.

As for my personal favorite...pepperoni, hot italian sausage, diced onion, mushrooms, and pepperoncini peppers...cheese should be a mozzerella/romano/asiago mix, about 80:10:10. And the sauce better be heavily seasoned with oregano, thyme, basil, sage, and garlic with little chunks of tomato in it.

Needless to say I make my own pizza. I don't order out unless I have guests and don't have time to make them.

dreamtheatervt said:
As for my personal favorite...pepperoni, hot italian sausage, diced onion, mushrooms, and pepperoncini peppers...cheese should be a mozzerella/romano/asiago mix, about 80:10:10. And the sauce better be heavily seasoned with oregano, thyme, basil, sage, and garlic with little chunks of tomato in it.

Needless to say I make my own pizza. I don't order out unless I have guests and don't have time to make them.

Wow sounds good....do you deliver to Iowa?

dreamtheatervt said:
And the sauce better be heavily seasoned with oregano, thyme, basil, sage, and garlic with little chunks of tomato in it.
Yuck! i hate pizza sauce that tastes like spaghetti sauce. For me, it should be simple, mostly tomatoes.

I dont know if I should say this :scared:
but here go's
I like the pizza you get from the deli in walmart or at costco, yep you heard me walmart/costco :oops:
the kind I like are the supreme's :shocked: I mean onions,tomatoes,black olives,mushrooms,green bells,saugage,pepperioni,hamburger, I think I'm forgeting something ? but its loaded!
the pizzas are huge & they load it up with alot of veggies/meat. plus they're not as greasy as domino's or pizza hut (which IMO are nothing special, just something to put in your belly)
then add my own hot crushed chiles on top, plus fresh rosemary also tastes good on top.(the rosemary added during the cooking, the chiles after its done)

as far as fast food pizza places here in my area, like I said nothing special around here, just fillers.

Nothing wrong with Costco pizza. My gal likes it too. But then she also puts mayonaisse on hotdogs!!! Jesus take me please...take me take me oh lawd'!!!

Should any of you happen to be in Omaha, the single greatest pizza place I have ever been to is located there in the "Old Market" and I highly recommend it. Can't place the name at the moment for some reason, its the only one there. Definately worth the 3 hour drive for me!

I make my own Buffalo Chicken pizza with chunks of cooked chicken breast simmered in some Franks that has been "beefed" up (Franks is more for dominant flav.) First I buy the Pilsbury pizza dough (if I dont feel like buying/making dough) bake it for a little bit and then coat with bleu cheese dressing then the chicken and extra sauce then mozzarella and a spattering of bleu cheese -- :whistle: :hell:

I also like the margherita pizza for something simple and will sometimes do them on the grill --

Been getting into Sausage, peppers and gawlic lately

m the buffalo chicken pizza sounds good.....i realy like the pizza hut meat lovers and supream. i usually get pan because it seems like your getting more for you money..if there is a buffet i like the thin crust pizza hut....i also like pappa johns but there is none close enough to deliver to me.

as far as places to get pizza..i like cannoli kitchen and red rock pizza.

as far as toppings..i usually like to get pepperoni and onions, or the same with jalapenos. seasonings: crushed red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, oregano, and a little bit of olive oil.

I like a plain cheese pizza with a good hand-tossed crust. I don't like pizza with too many toppings but pepperoni and onions are good...as are fresh jalapenos if I'm making one myself.

I hate to admit it but I grab a slice of that Costco pizza ( cheese please) almost every time I go in there.

For some reason I really DO NOT like hot sauce on pizza.

chuk hell said:
For some reason I really DO NOT like hot sauce on pizza.
Chuk, it's probably because of the vinegar... try powdered habanero.

Chuk...no hot sauce on pizza??? Jesus take me lawd' please take me now!!! Seriously though, that's cool. I think THP might be right about the vinegar thang'. I really like a mild sauce, THE CHEECH mango habanero on pizza. Hardly any heat but heaps of flavor and great on eggs, salads, whatever, and especially pizza!

texas blues - you should hear what people put on their pizzas in other countries :onfire: I heard or read it somewhere. but the normal ingredients we americans put on the pizza they dont use instead they top the pizza with some really off the wall ingredients. you'd just say "thats just not right & its a disgrace to even call it a pizza"

as for hot sauce on pizza, no thanks. it ruins the pizza IMO. powder or crushed/flakes only way to go.

Back