• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite What's your favorite food...EVER?

The best food- the vegetables my dad grew in Mississippi.

The fish that was brought to the dock at the back of the Pirates House restaurant in Savannah, Georgia, less than an hour before we ordered it.

The wild blackberries that I picked, and scratched my hands bloody to reach.

The green apples that I climbed my Grandma's apple tree to pick.

The deer chili that my friend made from the deer she hunted with a bow and arrow to feed her family.

The salsa Patrick sent me last year that he made from the salsa garden that he grew.

The honey from my dads beehives.

Anything that fresh. The personal connection doesnt hurt, either!

Thx Celeste,

I think you nailed it for everyone... :)

I have fave's...but she's spot-on. It's what we find so engrossing that we form lasting memories from it. Whatver the reason.

I miss the first snow peas I ever grew myself as a kid, the raspberries dad and had to tear out of a bramble of a abandoned house's garden only we knew about. Anything from that garden *I* grew...esp. the Kohl-Rabi I was fasicanted with, ordered fron Gurney, adn made grow. In 1978.

NOBODY grew that then.

Ok, and I like makig burritos outta anything that holds still long anough. ;)

Pepperfreak said:
OMG...I can't answer that question. I'm stumped...I love ALL good food! It would be easier to answer what food do you hate.

My thoughts exactly. I love so many different types of food I couldn't even come close to picking favorites.

I definitely have a number of very memorable meals(all of which did have excellent food). But what makes those special was the company probably more so than the food.

Pie, bloody pie. My 12 year old niece always talks about bloody pie! She used to be all cute with her curly hair and finger painting now she is taller than me weighs more than me could prolly kick my ass and all she says is BLOODY PIE!!

A two way tie for me.

About 15 years ago I had a venison dinner with an Italian (1) Gewurztraminer ( and yes, having that wine in a 1, and not it's usual sweetness of 2, was part of what made it so good ), where the meat, the sauce, and the side vegetables were all 10 out of 10. It was here:

http://www.gatehouse-niagara.com/RistoGiard.html

About 5 years ago I had a New York Strip Steak with a Maryland Blue Crabcakes appetizer that was unbelievable. It was from here:

http://www.harboursixty.com/

I may have a new contender, I just had some Bluepoint Oysters on the halfshell, with lemon, hot sauce, and coctail sauce. Yummmm.

JayT said:
I may have a new contender, I just had some Bluepoint Oysters on the halfshell, with lemon, hot sauce, and coctail sauce. Yummmm.

You're speakin' my kinda language there JayT. joint at the Palms called NINE serves 'em up Moscow style with sour cream and caviar on the half shell. MONEY!! I like 'em on the grill at home with drizzled butter, squeeze o' lemon, and my hab hotsauce. I can eat like...fitty'!!

Salute', TB.

my favorite part about "culture" is the food. I'm fascinated by what I'm learning here. detail what "Indian Curry Pie" and "Bloody Pie" are, please? They sound very intresting!

:lol: we had one last weekend for s Swedish family that was visiting.
I will be sure to document the next one. :nug nug: in November

Back