• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Potawie's summer of 2010

This giant pumpking plant is getting out of control, I've had to move all other plants as far away as possible
4824531736_c63181e235.jpg

Rosa bianca eggplant. 1st time growing this variety
4823910641_4b47b63d71.jpg

Back container garden
4823910647_b7e0b586ab.jpg

Big Zak about 2.5 lbs
4823012161_21e6051280.jpg

A few lbs of Kapowie "arrowhead type" and even one that looks like a scorpion
4823910637_32b5d7ab5a.jpg

Your plants look great and that's one honkin' mater. :)

Never heard of a Big Zak, how's the flavor?

BTW, that pumpkin plant is just a baby yet, give it some more time. ;)

Big Zak is a hybrid known for producing huge tomatoes. I haven't tried one yet but I expect them to only be average in the flavor dept.

The pumkin plant doubles in size every week. Its probably about 20' x 25' already but no real pumpins started yet.

Looking good. Have you tried the Rosa Bianca yet? I have read good things about it and was thinking about giving it a go next season.

great looking plants as usual sire....

sooooo....what is your best plant this season so far P?

My best producer is definitely my 2nd year "Kapowie arrowhead" cross which has already produced over 4 lbs of ripe peppers and there's at least that much still remaining on the plant. My best first year plant has got to be my Sahuaros which are getting huge and loaded with good sized pods.
As for tomatoes, I have a garden full of opalkas which are always my favorite, and the KBX are new to me and just delicious

Tomato harvest to be made mostly into tomato sauce
4827552989_eb471b92be.jpg

cool P....

I wish I had tomatos still growing...dang spider mites...

Potowie. everything looks awesome. Love those rosa bianca eggplant and those kapowie arrowhead are producing crazy amounts. Nice to see.
You were right about the tiny tims. They dont have the same sweetness as the regular cherry's but still fun to grow.

The atlantic giant pumpkin plant will take over your entire garden in short order if you let it. In fact if you aren't careful with the nitrogen it will eat the house! looks like you are doing ok with it though. Do you have any fruit set on it yet?
Do pepper plants do better in containers like you have them or do you overwinter them?
everything looks very healthy!
Hapdad

The atlantic giant pumpkin plant will take over your entire garden in short order if you let it. In fact if you aren't careful with the nitrogen it will eat the house! looks like you are doing ok with it though. Do you have any fruit set on it yet?
Do pepper plants do better in containers like you have them or do you overwinter them?
everything looks very healthy!
Hapdad
Personally I've always found the Dill's atlantic giant pumpkins to be quite dissapointing. This years pumpkin seeds came from a nearly 1000lb pumpkin, and its growing way better than any other pumpkin I've grown in the past. There may be one pumpkin set, but I'll have to keep an eye on it.
In my climate, I usually grow all my peppers in containers. I used to be about the only container grower around here, and people would always question me or give me a hard time, but it seems to have become very popular in the last few years. personally I find I have far more control over most growing variables, and I'm able to move plants into the greenhouse in the fall when it gets cold. My container chiles always do much beter than garden grown chiles, and yes I do overwinter a handful of plants every year too

i like the reasons of container gardening!
and ilike how u rasie them off the ground for more irflow underneath hastens growth.
keep the pics comin!

It's good you don't have sets on the pumpkin plant, beats pickin' blooms till the plant gets huge.

If you're going for a giant you only want one or two sets to baby, but I'm sure you know that already. ;)

Looking fabulous as always POTAWIE.

I grew the Rosa Bianca eggplant last year but didn't pick them early enough and they got hard. Keep an eye on them and let me know how they taste. Thanks dude!

Back