• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Potawie's summer of 2010

awesome :-D

while on the plant size topic, you seem to have a fair amount of success miniaturizing plants for overwintering; how small of a container have you used to successfully overwinter thus far?

:-D

For me it depends on the size of the plant and stalk but generally I like 2-3 gallon containers for overwintering

Potawie, what a great year you're having! Those are some fabulous pics and awesome harvests that you have. BTW, you were right about the Tobago Seasoning pepper, yuck! I won't be planting that one again. In fact, I pulled them all up after the third pod I tried. LOL Live and learn...

Hey Pepperfreak. Ya I've grown several different versions of Tobago seasoning and Trinidad seasoning peppers, some were mild, some were hot, but all were pretty dissapointing in my opinion :(

Its sad to see the end of another great growing season, but it was likely my best season ever. We've had a few frost already so I've been forced to pick all the annuums I can while most of my chinenses are now in the greenhouse until I can make time for them. I've been too busy to take a lot of pics this year, but here's the last of the annuums

Numex/Anaheim types
Oct 4 010 by potawie, on Flickr

Oct 4 011 by potawie, on Flickr

Assorted jalapenos
Oct 4 009 by potawie, on Flickr

Nice harvest my friend, I have mine plants in grow room so the pods can ripe ,we had frost also so I had to put plant on safe side.Plants are loaded with pods just got to wait till they ripe.

Great Job! I also had a killer year... really made up for the lousy summer we had last year. Looks like you do all your growing in pots...
Temps are dropping pretty fast here and I still have so many unripe peppers. I have 2 gorgeous Bhut plants... I don't know what to do to save them!!!! HELP!

Temps are dropping pretty fast here and I still have so many unripe peppers. I have 2 gorgeous Bhut plants... I don't know what to do to save them!!!! HELP!
Any issues with bringing them inside? I'm in the N.E. Ohio area, and am now bringing mine in for the night, back out for the day. Only 3 plants, so it's not a big issue.

Yesterday I picked most of my remaining pods so thats about it for another growing season :( well except for all the clean-up and composting, and a lot more processing.
Here's my last colorful Chinense harvest of 2010

Oct 13 001 by potawie, on Flickr

Just finished going through your 2010 grow log POTAWIE...and it's absolutely incredible what were able to do with your peppers this year.

That should really give some encouragement to the rest of us Canuck Chile Heads.;)

If I could get 1/10 of the harvest that you're getting, I'd be quite content with that.

Cheers,

Doug
dvg

Back