• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lee's 2010 WildChilli Grow season

I picked those Tepins in a neighborhood called Hyde Park which is an older section of Austin north of downtown. Austin is in the center of Travis county. There were people living there since the mid-1800's. The current population of Austin I believe is just under a million. If what you imagined were open fields of wild prairie, that is not the case. I've seen many forum members with tags for plants marked Eastern Travis County which could still have something near to that image. I am sure I could come up with a photo of countryside in Travis county but I do not have images of the wild pepper's growing. I can dig around for it after work today. Its in the computer, I just have to find it.

Mike

capsidadburn said:
I picked those Tepins in a neighborhood called Hyde Park which is an older section of Austin north of downtown. Austin is in the center of Travis county. There were people living there since the mid-1800's. The current population of Austin I believe is just under a million. If what you imagined were open fields of wild prairie, that is not the case. I've seen many forum members with tags for plants marked Eastern Travis County which could still have something near to that image. I am sure I could come up with a photo of countryside in Travis county but I do not have images of the wild pepper's growing. I can dig around for it after work today. Its in the computer, I just have to find it.

Mike

Lol...That's exactly what i was expecting. Prairie like scenery and some Wild Chilli's... Would be great to see some pictures..

Anyway Fatalii's instructions worked great about taking cuttings!. Did not use any rooting stuff but I'm sure it will speedup rooting.
Just love RW :cool:

C.lanceolatum cutting
img0261f.jpg

2 weeks later..
img0386s.jpg

Looking great lee! I have been watching your topics over at fatalii's forum as well and I'm amazed of the results you're getting with your wild plant. You're truly an inspiration for sure!
What temperature and humidity do you use when you're rooting cuttlings?

Nice to hear you appreciate it :)..

Hmm.. Not sure if humidity and temperature have a great impact on rooting. I think that keeping the stem moist or wet enough is more important.
I also tried to put a cutting in a glass filled with water and that didn't do a better job. Advantage of RW is that it contains a lot of oxygen and roots love and need oxygen!. A glass filled with water doesn't contain that much of it though..

But that cutting rooted at a room temperature of about 18-20 degrees C. It's known that roots like it warm and perhaps a higher temperature would speed up the process.

Blafa said:
Looking great lee! I have been watching your topics over at fatalii's forum as well and I'm amazed of the results you're getting with your wild plant. You're truly an inspiration for sure!
What temperature and humidity do you use when you're rooting cuttlings?

I hope to put them outside in 2 weeks or so. But I have been saying that for a while now...
We have some variable weather and still some slight night frost occasionally.

C.Tovarii Not the fastest growing plant I've seen
img0422ua.jpg

2 small Tovarii's. The one on the right looks kinda different.. Looks like a C.chacoense
img0430sb.jpg

Here's my largest C.flexuosum on 1 Liter. Have removed all buds and will re pot it very soon...
img0417m.jpg

Here the 3 smallest and a little C.Tovarii next to it
img0433zm.jpg

Thanks guys.

Due to air travel restrictions in Europe my trip to San Fransisco was canceled and postponed to next week. So I have to wait another week before I can put them on a larger container...

Mine is doing that as well. The bottom leaves looked like chinense, but the newer growth on the top is much narrower, not quite annum-like, but close. It definately is an interesting plant and can't wait to see what it brings us.

jacob

Back