• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Joshuap2000's 2012 Grow Log

Well, I figure I would start a grow log myself for this season. I have a numerous amount of ideas I want to use, but will be posting them as I go. I usually get lazy with my grows and forgot about them, but trying to turn over a new approach this year.

For starters, here are a few pictures of my Chocolate Habanero, AJI Lemon's, Red Brain Strain. They seeds were planted on November 11, 2011, and all sprouted between last week of November and the first week of December.

So hopefully I can get a least of handful of you guys to follow it so that way it will help keep me extra motivated to keep doing it.

P.S.

My spelling and grammar are typically horrible, but I blame the Fla education system in be raned in the 40's for US educations.

6777498363_6aab220586_b.jpg

6777497443_fed74c8d16_z.jpg

6777496779_f838051b60_z.jpg

This post was a HUGE help! I live in Venice Beach and there are a buch of hydro shops around here, and I've been a little concerned about some of the "technology" they sell. Most of it is "grow weed better" in disguise, but some of it really seems to work well for other plants. I have some Scotch Bonnets, 7Pods, and Serranos germinating right now. I'm actually waiting for a T5 light to show up that I picked up real cheap ($38 after tax and free shipping). I have a couple sprouts coming up from the rapid root pods, so I'm kinda hurting right now waiting on this light to arrive. :/ Anyways... These Superoot Air Pots are sold all over the place. HID Hut some for what seems reasonable considering the complexity of the pot. http://www.hidhut.com/catalog/pots-containers-c-106.html?page=4&sort=2a

So glad to see someone actually using these. I'm definitely going to pick up some of the 1ltr pots to get a good root ball going and then transplant into smart pots.
For a first post and a quick search, so glad I joined! In one thread I see two products I was a little iffy about buying because I wasn't sure anyone used them effectively!

I was speaking with a guy at the hydro shop and he said a great way to use the smart pots is to put some Hydroton at the bottom, about 2in thick, and then put your soil medium on top. He said it helps with the drainage. I'll start posting pics of my setup as I get up and running. It's a little early right now, but it's Los Angeles, It never gets frosty and it starts to warm up around May-June. Great sun all through the summer.

Back