• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Joshuap2000's 2012 Grow Log

Well, I figure I would start a grow log myself for this season. I have a numerous amount of ideas I want to use, but will be posting them as I go. I usually get lazy with my grows and forgot about them, but trying to turn over a new approach this year.

For starters, here are a few pictures of my Chocolate Habanero, AJI Lemon's, Red Brain Strain. They seeds were planted on November 11, 2011, and all sprouted between last week of November and the first week of December.

So hopefully I can get a least of handful of you guys to follow it so that way it will help keep me extra motivated to keep doing it.

P.S.

My spelling and grammar are typically horrible, but I blame the Fla education system in be raned in the 40's for US educations.

6777498363_6aab220586_b.jpg

6777497443_fed74c8d16_z.jpg

6777496779_f838051b60_z.jpg

Awesome root balls in the air pots.
Very interesting concept!

This weekend I will be transplanting my 7 pod brain strain (red) into there final 3.4 gallon homes, and seperating all of my 7 pod brain strain (yellow) into there .8 gal air pot.

First had to pick up the shipment.

6928993789_72bd97287e_b.jpg

Now they all are put together with the Roots Oraganic 707 waiting for tommorrow's final transplant to there final home..

6782875478_86dfb51fe4_b.jpg

Lookin good, I do love the rootball the airpots give, not really any different from the smart pot for me. At least ya gotta love the weather, Everything is exploding with new growth all thru the yard... So I'm sure yours is too.

It's cool that you can 'undo' the air pots and store them flat!

It's cool that you can 'undo' the air pots and store them flat!
Yea it is,

One of the reason I went with smart pots and the air ports, for easier storage. I also got few done this weekend, but been dark when i finished sundy, and had to work last night and will begoing to the airport tonight. So i am hopping to get some pictures posted tommorrow.

Thanks for sharing pics of the rootball in those air pots. I've been eyeing those pots myself. Looks like they work well.

Here are some photos i snapped back on the 29th of feburary.

I am also thinking of starting a few more plants with the hopes of selling the fruits, which super hot do you all think i should aim for?

Butch t, 7 brain strain yellow or red, choc bhuts...

Ok, first picture here the front 3, are my 2nd year Butch t's, the one in the middle i wasnt going to use, but after all the abuse it had all winter long, it was still living so i did transplant.

The row in the back are my red brain strain that i transplanted 7 days ago.

6943572375_8a4cf7183e_b.jpg

My plumeria that is blooming.

6797456894_f15769ce6a_b.jpg

Here my cayenne blends (first 4), choc hab (5 and 6) and the aji lemons

6797457142_1c62c81bd5_b.jpg

One of my Cayenne Blends

6943573023_ee18a132de_b.jpg

Lookin good man. Wish my plants were that size...
Im diggin on those pots. Gonna check out getting some of those right now.

Nice pepper plants.........and I like the blooms on the plumeria. Do you bring the plant indoors when the evenings cool off?

Greg

No, i have been leaving them outside for the most part, but it hasnt been really cold since i got them 2-3 weeks ago. Tonight suppose to get down to 44, but I think they will be fine and than next week it will go back to the lows being in the 60's at night.

Lookin good Josup... Thats one color Plumeria I don't have... they have the best smell ever. I have a couple in the front yard growing quite large, I'm thinkin it will hit 7 feet this year...

Lookin good Josup... Thats one color Plumeria I don't have... they have the best smell ever. I have a couple in the front yard growing quite large, I'm thinkin it will hit 7 feet this year...

Yea this one kind of had a cinnamon smell to it,

as for my brainstrian peppers, they dont look so good after last night, I think they might of been affect a little bit, as the tops of the plants are real limp. So not sure if i should wait and see what happens, or just cut the tops off and see if it will branch out.

Any ideas guys? It looks like to be 2 of 5 plants, and they seem to be the only really messed up about it.

Well, weather been a little on the raining side when i amready for pictures, so hopefully tommorrow I can get some in.

But in the mean time, I planted 30 more seeds of Butch t's and 30 of the Brain Strain Red. I figure i will try to do a decent size this year and hopefully make some cash of them when they start to fruit.

Hey, Josh, your pot-ups look great!
Good luck bringing your new seeds on line!

You've got some heat in that collection! Do use any ferts or is it just your warm weather that's helping that growth? Very impressive for early March.

Ok, its been a while, so here are some quick shots of the pods that have been comming on.

Aji Lemon

7046531787_7a0aa6bf40_b.jpg

Choc Hab's

6900434692_06269efe2c_b.jpg

Yellow 7 pots that turn a dark orange after not picking them. Also, it hardly fert or water and she making it

7046531171_d1abe53a32_b.jpg

Pepper Joe Caynne Blend

7046530793_4be49ac7df_b.jpg

Red Brain Strain

6900433790_8ea5c9d837_b.jpg

Choc Ghost, same boat, hardly fertilize or water and its covered in peppers,

6900433518_39983cc042_b.jpg

6900433256_182ceb808d_b.jpg

Back