• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Joshuap2000's 2012 Grow Log

Well, I figure I would start a grow log myself for this season. I have a numerous amount of ideas I want to use, but will be posting them as I go. I usually get lazy with my grows and forgot about them, but trying to turn over a new approach this year.

For starters, here are a few pictures of my Chocolate Habanero, AJI Lemon's, Red Brain Strain. They seeds were planted on November 11, 2011, and all sprouted between last week of November and the first week of December.

So hopefully I can get a least of handful of you guys to follow it so that way it will help keep me extra motivated to keep doing it.

P.S.

My spelling and grammar are typically horrible, but I blame the Fla education system in be raned in the 40's for US educations.

6777498363_6aab220586_b.jpg

6777497443_fed74c8d16_z.jpg

6777496779_f838051b60_z.jpg

Well i think i am going to try to get back into this, been making progress with the yard set up. So tomatoes are comming along good.

Sold my choc hab plant for 20 bucks, Gave a few more away to people and neighbors.

But here is a picture with my red brain strain comming along.

7329309020_a65d079759_b.jpg

Wow you plant look like a tree that is awesome along with the poddage you have going on. How often do you have to water the plants in those pots to keep them from drying out.

Wow you plant look like a tree that is awesome along with the poddage you have going on. How often do you have to water the plants in those pots to keep them from drying out.

Almost everyday, they have gone limp on me a few times on me already, and we havent even hit the dreaded hot season here yet. Been mid to high 80's the last few weeks, and the humdity been up around 65%+ humidty. Today is the first day its been below 50% that i have seen for the last 2 weeks or so. But i did get a few quick thunderstorms and they seem to love the fresh rain water. Always have good growth afterwards.

i catn wait until i get 2 - 50 gallon barrels, than I am going to set up a drip system with it to run either my well water, or to run tap water, but run it through a dechlorinator first.

Almost everyday, they have gone limp on me a few times on me already, and we havent even hit the dreaded hot season here yet. Been mid to high 80's the last few weeks, and the humdity been up around 65%+ humidty. Today is the first day its been below 50% that i have seen for the last 2 weeks or so. But i did get a few quick thunderstorms and they seem to love the fresh rain water. Always have good growth afterwards.

i catn wait until i get 2 - 50 gallon barrels, than I am going to set up a drip system with it to run either my well water, or to run tap water, but run it through a dechlorinator first.
Yea I am having to do the same thing with the root pouchs. I going to do the same thing, but use 10 gallon tubs that I can switch out after they have dechlorinated the water and lowered the ph. Thanks for the information

Yea, my smart pots drain much master, those are a pain in the but to do by hand here in florida. Those i have to ake sure i water every day for sure. Espically when they are full of pods. LIke here is a cayenne that's in a 3 gallon smart pot. and i have to water this one alot or it will limp and look bad on me. I think that is why some of the leaves look bad, I havent found any bugs, and when i do i spray, but i think the lack of water is f'ing the leaves up.

7330205318_292e0fc1a8_b.jpg

Josh,
Just read up your entire glog. Good stuff.
I can't believe I missed this glog.
I'll be following your progress. I just started using airpots, and after seeing your red brain strain, I'm ear to ear smile right now.
Plants look great.
Keep em growin!

Hey Josh, I too just read your whole glog.
Lookin good dude! That brain strain is a beauty, along with the chocolate bhut pods :)
It's pretty cool how the plants grow up and out with no lower growth along the main trunk, they look just like Jamies.
Good to see the airpots are treating you well, I think I'm gonna switch to those next year.
Btw.. Send some of that weather my way would ya? 1day air please. lol. MAN I'm jealous of your climate!
Hope all is well man..

Brandon

Joshua, Nice Job!!!! Great looking plants....wow! I do have a question on your air pots, when they are setting in your yard from what I can tell--does the root system then grow into the ground? Keep up the great work.

Joshua, Nice Job!!!! Great looking plants....wow! I do have a question on your air pots, when they are setting in your yard from what I can tell--does the root system then grow into the ground? Keep up the great work.

No, they havent as of yet. Which kind of suprised me, but it seems when they poke out the bottom they prune themselfs as there is about .5" gap between the ground, and the bottom of the air pot.

Very neat pots!! I've never heard of them. I will check on those for next year for sure! Your plants are beautiful!! Great job!!

No, they havent as of yet. Which kind of suprised me, but it seems when they poke out the bottom they prune themselfs as there is about .5" gap between the ground, and the bottom of the air pot.
Thanks for info. I was thinking if they did then does one get bigger plants?? I don't know as this my 1st year. Anyway cool looking containers :P

Great brains Joshua- you even have guardians it looks like-keep them pics rollin, those pods are lookin awesome!

Who makes that airpot?

It been a long while, been on a roller coaster so hoping togetback into updating as i amworking on the garden expansion.

here is what i have currently, mostly brainstrains, and butch t's,and few tomatos hidinginthe background along with some pluermias.

So i will try to update more than once every few months.

Its hard to tell, but the big brainstrains (near the carport) are starting to put more peppers on, last time i harvest 120+ pepper, and it now i amgetting
back good fertizeling program again they are comming back to life.

7826452714_a9c1287514_b.jpg
7826453152_b0208c1083_b.jpg

7826453544_431e47eb37_b.jpg

Also, if you check out the yard, where it use to be all dead, worke don hard on the irrgation and notice how it is nice and green in these pics now.i am so happy.

Looks very nice. Almost makes me want to live in Florida, but I've heard it's more humid than here.
Can I ask what size air pots those are?

Looks very nice. Almost makes me want to live in Florida, but I've heard it's more humid than here.
Can I ask what size air pots those are?

Man, the humidity does suck here, it happens up va, but its only a little bit from time to time, but that was at my granma house in luray. Lately it seems to be in the mid 60-70% humidty lately.

And the airpots are 12.5L which equal to about 3.4 gallons roughly. the plants from top of pot.to top of plants about 36"+, I am 5'10 and they plants come up to my about my shoulders at the highest point, and avg chest level height.

I dont like the price (11 bucks each) but i love the way they have grown complated to reqular nursery pots.

Great looking plants. I sure know I'd love to live in florida. Been there ten years ago. Loved it. Love the smokers as wel btw. Don't see those over here

Yea, they have banned smoking in all the public places that server food, only place you can smoke indoors now is at a bar, as long as its food sales are not over 20% or something like that.

Back