• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors How can deer hunting be a sport?

FishinHank said:
Anyone that thinks that the hunter has an advantage hasn't really hunted. You are going into THEIR world.

But if humans weren't managing game, the environment would be a lot worse off. Mother nature is a cruel thing and she shows no mercy.

Yes but you are going into their world with technology that can fire a projectile at 2200fps+ from hundreds of yards away from a hidden location, that is definetly an advantage. Using just a knife sounds much more fair to me. The animal predators have their weapons built in through evolution to feed, i.e. teeth, claws, massive strength etc and must be used in a head to head situation and the great possibility of injury just to get there dinner. We just have our brains, science and technology to create unfair weapons to make it easy, and practically zero risk to procure food.

Mother nature is very cruel and handled things just fine before us and will continue to do so after us, so why not let her do her job? ;-) We just want to have control over everything on earth. I won't even bring up the trapping stuff because thats not hunting whatsoever.

Did anyone even watch the link heckle posted? It's pretty good stuff.

I would expect less from people who have no clue. Then again, I make sense.

sevenstrings said:
Did anyone even watch the link heckle posted? It's pretty good stuff.

Probably just you. :halo:

Thanks though. I happened across it not long before this thread was posted. Tab was still open.

You didn't really understand what I was saying. Read what I wrote. Most people from Colorado who don't have a clue. Punctuation is a lost art in this day and age. There was no comma separating Colorado from who. Some of the people that are from Colorado who are die hard anti hunting take the time to listen to someone who knows what they are talking about and then they aren't naive anymore. The ones that take the time to listen usually realize how ridiculous their argument is. That is true for EVERY state.

FishinHank said:
You didn't really understand what I was saying. Read what I wrote. Most people from Colorado who don't have a clue. Punctuation is a lost art in this day and age. There was no comma separating Colorado from who. Some of the people that are from Colorado who are die hard anti hunting take the time to listen to someone who knows what they are talking about and then they aren't naive anymore. The ones that take the time to listen usually realize how ridiculous their argument is. That is true for EVERY state.

You wouldnt expect less...you dont even have a clue what you wrote.

And this  :rolleyes:  is how I feel about your explanation for it.
What you're saying is that youre right. And that if anyone doesnt agree they didnt really listen. Because if they did really listen they see how wrong they were.

I was going to dig into the notion that we live in the animal's world, but then I started reading something more interesting and replaced it w/ what I posted ...

Great article on the 2nd amendment in the New Yorker today ...

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-second-amendment-is-a-gun-control-amendment

grantmichaels said:
I was going to dig into the notion that we live in the animal's world, but then I started reading something more interesting and replaced it w/ what I posted ...

Have you seen The Botany of Desire?
grantmichaels said:
 but then I started reading something more interesting and replaced it w/ what I posted ...

Great article on the 2nd amendment in the New Yorker today ...

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-second-amendment-is-a-gun-control-amendment

I think there are problems with it. We have talked about a couple of them already.

The only difference between American liberals and conservatives is the bible they thump. They both want to tell people what to do. "This the right thing to do".

How about this "not my thing" " you go your way I'll go mine"

FishinHank said:
I am a hunter, and I will not apologize. I hunt for food, not sport.
No need to apologize to me.  I do no eat meat because I am wildly opposed to practices of the meat industry.  Hunting doesnt bother me at all unless the meat is left to rot.  I just dont think shooting a deer is difficult cause, well cause it is not.  Anyone who thinks the actual shooting of a deer is a competitive sport ought to go see their eye doctor or get failure with how a rifle works.  Not encouraging it, but drunk off their ass a Kentucky hunter is sure to bring home a deer or cow, or something else that looks like food.
frosty said:
The only difference between American liberals and conservatives is the bible they thump. They both want to tell people what to do. "This the right thing to do".
In the words of Samuel Jackson, right the mother fucking on.

Back