• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors How can deer hunting be a sport?

When you understand how anti's and peta supporters draw you in you will find how they are the true demons.   I will warn you in advance not to feed their propaganda.  Threads like these pop up all over different forums.   They are designed to draw you in and feed on your emotions.  In this case it is what I call a piggy back,  jumping in and provoking.  Either way, just drop out and don't tell them how it's family tradition, love for the hunt, thrill of the kill....they will tear you apart and are prepared.  We hunters just want to do what we love....they have nothing better to do than provoke.  The more you argue and try to prove your point the more they feed.  Just say NO and move on!

Rairdog said:
When you understand how anti's and peta supporters draw you in you will find how they are the true demons.   I will warn you in advance not to feed their propaganda.  Threads like these pop up all over different forums.   They are designed to draw you in and feed on your emotions.  In this case it is what I call a piggy back,  jumping in and provoking.  Either way, just drop out and don't tell them how it's family tradition, love for the hunt, thrill of the kill....they will tear you apart and are prepared.  We hunters just want to do what we love....they have nothing better to do than provoke.  The more you argue and try to prove your point the more they feed.  Just say NO and move on!

lol

'dont tell them this, dont respond' that there sounds like how a devil would operate, from shadows, half truths and lies

Heckle answer me this.  Do you support PETA or are you affiliated with any anti hunting organization?  I just want to know what kind of person you are and why you want to tear down those that like to hunt?  Then I will know who I am dealing with.

Rairdog said:
Heckle answer me this.  Do you support PETA or are you affiliated with any anti hunting organization?  I just want to know what kind of person you are and why you want to tear down those that like to hunt?  Then I will know who I am dealing with.

I support the idea of PETA. I'm not a member or affiliated with any organization. You sound paranoid and it seems like you think you can box people into your preconceived notions. I'm not tearing down the people, Im tearing down hunting. Dont be all devilish with my words.

If you read youd see Ive been hunting.

Heckle said:

I support the idea of PETA. I'm not a member or affiliated with any organization. You sound paranoid and it seems like you think you can box people into your preconceived notions. I'm not tearing down the people, Im tearing down hunting. Dont be all devilish with my words.

If you read youd see Ive been hunting.
All I've read is that your angry.  Don't lash out at me as you have done for others.  You have lashed out at everyone that had opposed you.  So you have an opinion on hunting....we all have options and sometimes they don't match up.  It doesn't need to eat you up!  And down us!

Rairdog said:
All I've read is that your angry.  Don't lash out at me as you have done for others.  You have lashed out at everyone that had opposed you.  So you have an opinion on hunting....we all have options and sometimes they don't match up.  It doesn't need to eat you up!  And down us!

so now that im not affiliated with peta or any anti hunting organization im angry and lashing out?

but im not the one out killing things...maybe i should start?
Did you watch or listen to the video I posted?

I never said you should start killing...just don't down those that do and find another hobby that makes you happy instead on picking on those that you don't approve.

Rairdog said:
I never said you should start killing...just don't down those that do and find another hobby that makes you happy instead on picking on those that you don't approve.

But its ok for you to do?

Get a spine.

Rairdog said:
As I talk to you it's alway's throwing out insults.  You have played your cards.

I guess you are deaf to your own words. Whatever.

scurry back to the shadows

Rairdog, I am a vegetarian and an animal rights advocate who thinks PETA is fucking nuts.  If they had it their way, I would not have the relationships I have with critters.  My eggs and milk come from animals who demonstrate sincere love on a daily basis.  They are no more my slaves, as PETA claims, than are my children.  Yep, they are fenced in but ya know I do not let my children run free in the streets either.  No problem with hunting.  I am a vegetarian because I have issues with the meat industry.  Hunting is a natural function of predators.  The meat industry, not so much.  I wish I could share with you the way my vet thinks of her cattle.  Yes, they are meat.  Yes, most people think meat is necessary, but no reason to be cruel about it unless one is a sociopath.  PETA with their over the top tactics takes away from that message. 

BTW: Had a friend busted for animal cruelty because they raised this ugly ass chicken that looks like a cross between a turkey and a chicken.  The claim was they were not feeding the chicken properly resulting in feather loss and a general ugly look.  Nope, that breed really is that ugly and really doesnt grow the feathers like other chicken. Had to testify because I was the person who most often sold her feed.  She bought more than I feed my birds. It was unreal.  The prosecutor tried to go after me, claiming I was lying to support a customer.  I had the company records.  Prosecutor didnt care.  They were so convinced that she was starving her animals.  I wondered how she was making money on them for all the feed she purchased weekly. The PETA people are fucking nuts.

grantmichaels said:
PETA folks ain't right, and there's tons of corruption at the top from the expose type shit I've read over the years.

insert any group in place of peta

I am a hunter, and I will not apologize. I hunt for food, not sport. Anyone that thinks that the hunter has an advantage hasn't really hunted. You are going into THEIR world, it is all they know and they know when something is different. I also trap and that I get harassed all the time because of it, even though I have a degree for environmental conservation. Conservation is not the same as preservation. Predators and prey need to be managed equally in order to hold a balance. Humans are managed through the tag system, albeit they are based on data gathered from biologists in the field. Do they make mistakes? Sure, all humans do. But if humans weren't managing game, the environment would be a lot worse off. Mother nature is a cruel thing and she shows no mercy.

FishinHank said:
I am a hunter, and I will not apologize. I hunt for food, not sport. Anyone that thinks that the hunter has an advantage hasn't really hunted. You are going into THEIR world, it is all they know and they know when something is different. I also trap and that I get harassed all the time because of it, even though I have a degree for environmental conservation. Conservation is not the same as preservation. Predators and prey need to be managed equally in order to hold a balance. Humans are managed through the tag system, albeit they are based on data gathered from biologists in the field. Do they make mistakes? Sure, all humans do. But if humans weren't managing game, the environment would be a lot worse off. Mother nature is a cruel thing and she shows no mercy.

Twisted logic.

FishinHank said:
I wouldn't expect anything less from most people from Colorado who don't have a clue.

lol

Way to insult a whole state of people, with lots of hunters, when it's not even where I am.

I guess you realize it's the only defense for your illogical logic?

Back