contest Growdown Throwdown 2014 Tallest plant

1251.jpg

Come on gals, you can do it. Just grow a foot a week now....and I won't chop you down...

romy6 said:
Looking good Meat!

Lets see some more updates people . :dance:

Getting down to the wire  :fireball:

Geonerd said:
Not bad for a Wallybag grow!  :)

Devv said:
Looking good Chris!

Hmmm, I thinking how can I make mine grow 5 feet in 5 or 6 weeks?
Thanks guys. Was really hoping to have moved a few months ago and have it in the ground, but that wasn't to be. Love the peppers though. I couldn't believe how juicy they are!

Devv said:
1251.jpg

Come on gals, you can do it. Just grow a foot a week now....and I won't chop you down...
Looking good! Digging the fence too! Good job on that. 

MeatHead1313 said:

Thanks guys. Was really hoping to have moved a few months ago and have it in the ground, but that wasn't to be. Love the peppers though. I couldn't believe how juicy they are!
Yeah! They go POP when you chomp down on em! Then if you're not ready you get a cough that follows! hahah 

Pepper-Guru said:
Looking good! Digging the fence too! Good job on that. 

Yeah! They go POP when you chomp down on em! Then if you're not ready you get a cough that follows! hahah 

Thanks,

Yeah, the dogs like to dig up my newly planted. It's rabbit fence, and I even dug down 4"s and poured dry sacrete so the rabbits can't dig under. I used 22 bags to lock down the 3,200sf. Dang heffer plowed through through it this summer and ate my squash...LOL

So we have about 25 days left . This will most likley be my last pic. I have a second plant that has been lurking in the background . It is now about as tall as the originnal but in a 3 gal instead of a 7 gal ( I know WTF am I even competing for with those puny ass containers ) . I do and have had chinese peppers grow 8 feet or taller in 7 gals . Both are about 4 feet and most likel;y just gonna provide me some tasty firecrackers for the next few years :)

New guy 

photo_zps324270e0.jpg

Old guy loving the temps 

photo_zps9ff702a3.jpg

Good luck to all and especially the real contenders . 

Sorry for the delay in updates there for a while. This time of the year is pretty busy for me.
I think we all see where this race is going though! 
Without manipulation or intervention of any kind for my plant, it has only managed to reach 4ft tall and boasts a circumference of 8 ft.
Pod production and harvests, however, have been excellent. 

I respectfully concede from this competition and as a parting gift to everyone, I leave you with some of the final photos of the compost pile Aji Chuncho, as well as some harvest shots :) Whoever win's this race is gonna be one happy Chili Head! ;)

15517845472_34da6de82f_b.jpg

15331317279_0896f38033_b.jpg

15518301385_09742d9884_b.jpg

15515087431_2f1f09bbd8_b.jpg

15518270915_63531dc5ae_b.jpg

Back