• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest C.I.T.D. - BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGOLD86’s "What Came First?"

Whole Roasted Chicken on a bed of Pork Collard Greens, topped with a Fried Egg with a Bacon Crumble with a side of Jalapeno, Chive, and Cheddar Corn Bread. And for Dessert…..Blackberry Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream

421852a8.jpg

76ca15d4.jpg

Ingredient List/Cooking Instrucitons:

Chicken:

3-4.5 lb Chicken
Canola Oil
S&P
Fresh Tyme
2 or 3 garlic cloves
1 Yellow Onion

Prep: Start about a day or 2 out and leave the bird uncovered in the fridge to dry the skin out. About 3 hours before cooking pull it out remove the wishbone, and liberally salt and pepper the cavity and add the garlic. Preheat oven to 475 and when it is good rub oil and S&P all over the bird and the onion. Add to CI skillet and cook for about 20-25 mins and drop the temp to 400. Continue cooking at 400 for about 45 mins or the temp by the thigh is 160-170. Pull it out and remove from CI and let rest for 20 mins before carving.

Pork Collards:

1-1.5 lb ham hock
Bunch of colllards
S&P
Apple Cider Vinegar
Chicken/Beef Stock

Throw all ingredients into CI Dutch Oven on the stove top and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and let go for about 2 hours or until the hock falls apart

Jal, Cheddar, and Chive Corn Bread:

2 or 3 Jalapenos
Bunch of Chives
Couple of oz of Cheddar (I shredded, but you can use pre-shredded)
1.5 Cups of Flour
.5 Cup Corn Meal
¼ cup oil or butter
2 eggs
1 cup milk

Add dry ingredients and veg and mix. Mix wet ingredients. Preheat CI in 400 oven. Mix wet and dry and throw in skillet and cook 15-20 mins or until set.

Fried Egg/Bacon Crumble:

Egg
S&P
2 Chive shoots
Bacon

Chop slices of bacon and cook in CI skillet. Pull the chopped bacon out and add egg. If you need more fat just add some butter. BASTE the egg with the bacon fat. Use a spoon to spoon the fat over the top of the egg to infuse the bacon flavor and cook the egg. Only takes about a minute or less.

Blackberry Cobbler:

2-3 12oz pkgs of blackberries
1.5 cups sugar
¼ cup flour
Juice of lemon

Biscuit Topping
2 cups flour
couple tbs of sugar
1 stick of butter COLD
lemon zest
2 or 3 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 egg
½-2/3 cup milk

Mix the cobbler filling and add to preheated CI skillet at 400 oven. Let go until filling gets hot and starts bubbling (about 20 or 30 mins). Mix all the topping ingredients when the filling is in the oven. You need to “cut” the butter in. I find it is easiest when you use either a pastry cutter or a whisk and push down on the slices of butter. After it is incorporated add the wet ingredients and use the fork or whisk to mix in without overmixing. Add delicious vanilla Ice Cream.

Hows that for Phots FRYDAD??

Those pics are scrumdillyishous! Good for you MG!!!! You got some tasty-lookin' treats there! (those greens look melt-in-yo'-mouth YUM!!!!) WooHoo!!!!

Nice work MG.......your the first out of the gate...............any prep and process photos in the "vessels"

Greg

IMG_2935.jpg

Well since it's "Superbowl" weekend I thought I make some "Pub Grub"..........................something that I would enjoy during the game!

IMG_2788.jpg

Those who have expertise in the bread field field will appreciate this one. Here's some "Italian Starter" that I acquired 6 yrs ago from a downtown bakery.
It's one of a few that I keep in a fridge, I occasionally take this out and re-activate it, this one is usually used for my "Ciabatta Breads or my Rustic Semolia's"...This one is wild and out of control!..........Just where I want it.
Tomorrow it will be used in...................................well you'll just have to check back to see!

Greg

Thanks Greg. Had a blast. Here are some supplementals...

e2a6b517.jpg

88554719.jpg

ff318335.jpg

The wife laughs at me every time I get all spun up about THP...until she tries the food!

Imonna turn this ci td

ON....

tomorrow.... Drinking now heh heh

Edit, nice MGOLD, thats the shiznat we want to see! Drink, cheers.

Oh Snap Pic! That starter has me Over The Moon already!!!!!!!!!!! The rest is gravy! hahahaha

Careful MG - that cobbler could put your gal into labor!!!!!!!!! ;)

Oh, well if YOU want labor - go mow the lawn! teehee

But isn't it too early for her yet? (they say that last month is to make them REALLY want to push!) ;)

I gotta get back "on topic" before I get chastised...... :scared:

Soflo..... Scheming SumBitzes.

Get your CI out of FDs tree/pool and show us Sum 5 stack Opossum dinner

She's due at the end of the month and it can't come any SOONER!

Jay I smacked my dog because my mom is in Fl. It was well worth it...

Its very early, but I would smack Scovies's mom for a bite of that cobbler.

Hahahahahahahahahahah
my Mom would let you, for a spoon too!
hahahahahahahahaha

She's due at the end of the month and it can't come any SOONER!

Jay I smacked my dog because my mom is in Fl. It was well worth it...

Even your dog is like.....
F%#€ man....
You're drunk!
Hahahahaha

Dog is getting nuked now. I just cooked for the comp. I actually ate nuked dogs and mac and cheese. shhhh.. dont tell anyone tho.

The wife is sleepin, I guess that is normal if you have a human growing inside of you. So, that means that I am having 2NDS! COBBLER AND ICE CREAM HERE I COME!!!

Forget the cobbler - get on that cornbread topped with another egg and sum greens on the side! Nevermind - just send me some, k?
ps - I so want your greens recipe/method....

I don't think Megan has slept for 2 weeks - she's always here with us!!!!!!! :think:

lol! I LOOOOVVVEEE Greens! I just introduced the wife to them last week. I use a ham hock and some beef stock. Let em go until the hock falls apart and then EAT LIKE A BEAST!

Also, I have like 3/4 of that Cornbread leaftover and the wife has already planned tomorrow morning's corn bread bacon and egg breakfast. I think I may be more excited about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back