Best Iron Skillet for Smoking?

rainbowberry said:
You know I can't cook! The last time I did a roast dinner I put a chicken fillet in for the same amount of time as the roast potatoes.

awww come on, do it for us THP members, if not, do at least for sickmont. & show us something english.

you made that meal you just mentioned, so that means you can cook at least somewhat. take your time & read the directions for the meal, we have faith in you that you can cook a great meal!
so cook us something english & post pictures, please :pray:
& peanut butter (or vegimite) & jelly sandwiches will not do :shame:

if all else fails & it doesnt come out right, you can take a picture of someone elses meal they made & claim you made it :lol:

rainbowberry said:
I think it would happen how you put it in your last line.

I actually microwave aubergines.
Haha! Yuck. How do they come out? Like steaming wet cotton?

rainbowberry said:
I think it would happen how you put it in your last line.

I actually microwave aubergines.

I think your being too harsh on yourself, I think you could prepare a great meal, making meals is not that difficult.
are you gonna force us to have a poll about you making a meal to show us on THP.
come on please, you have to represent england & show us some english food since it hasnt been shown here yet (far as I know)
I'm sure I could get a poll going & everyone jump on board to beg you to cook us some food from england - I dont think you'd like the poll options either :P

believe me I highly doubt you'd cook something thats un-edible, I've cooked some things that should of been thrown away, but I ate them cuz that was my dinner!
nothing a little, ok wait, alot of extra sauce made it edible :lol::oops:

chilehunter said:
I think your being too harsh on yourself, I think you could prepare a great meal, making meals is not that difficult.
are you gonna force us to have a poll about you making a meal to show us on THP.
come on please, you have to represent england & show us some english food since it hasnt been shown here yet (far as I know)
I'm sure I could get a poll going & everyone jump on board to beg you to cook us some food from england.

believe me I highly doubt you'd cook something thats un-eatable, I've cooked some things that should of been thrown away, but I ate them cuz that was my dinner!
nothing a little, ok wait, alot of extra sauce made it edible :lol::oops:

POLL! POLL! POLL!

Cheers, TB.

Iron Skillet help please?

Ok I'm going to be using my iron skillet for the second time but using peanut oil for searing some jalapenos that's going into my goulash tonight! Or what ever it's called.

Anyways the reason I'm asking my question here since I'm a iron skillet newb.

Ok Is it like any other pans when you heat up the skillet on low then go ahead and add your peanut oil?

or is there some special technique since it's an iron skillet?

*POST RE-WORKED AFTER NONSENSICAL THREAD COMBINE*

If it is already seasoned, then you are GTG!.......EH?????WHAT???????? YOU NEVER ASKED THAT????

OH HOLY HELL!!!!!! WHO TF MOVED ME?????? I'm IN A DIFFERENT THREAD?????? AHHHHHHH!!!! I FEEL SO UPHEAVED AND VIOLATED!!!!! LET'S DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!;)

"If not", he croaked, "you need to coat it in oil (not farging olive or grapeseed or anything out of the ordinary) And heat it up proper!!!! (if you know how, you wee bastard, I am not going to get into it, if you don't, say so!)

TO ORIGINAL POST

(sorry to jump in)

I have never, ever, ever smoked anything in an iron skillet.

That would be like cutting down the largest tree in the forest.....WITH...... A HERRING!!!

cheezydemon said:
ADD THE OIL WHILE IT IS COLD!!!!!

If it is already seasoned, then you are GTG.

If not, you need to coat it in oil (not olive or grapeseed or anything out of the ordinary) And heat it properly. (if you know how I am not going to get into the paragraph long instructions, if you don't, say so))
I kind of knew that but I just wanted reinsurance, You understand that don't you?

By the way These are my lunch :)

Also thanks a lot for the help bro.

Back