• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! TOAST Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
No hints from SoFlo, other than we are taking this TD light and carefree.

Bear has been groggy all day. It was maybe an hour ago that he cracked his first beer and is now somewhat "normal".

I bet those shells are hard to chew through when you're drunk.....

Damn right!!!!!!!

Everyone knows a guy who has a cousin who used to eat the shells...and corn cobs...and the dreaded 3rd piece of the chicken wing, affectionately called the "Flavor Stick".

Some of the stupidest ideas are born from sheer drunkenness.

***Teaser****

Am bloody 3 parts pickled on beer, tequila, champagne and wine....but here's a little teaser.....

A fitting tribute for the 4th July (a day early)

teaser.jpg

What, the booze too?....you're kidding, right? :dance::lol:

Well how do you think it's going to ignite, silly.

Paul...when you said grilled cheese...I envisioned seeing yours as the "Paul's Grilled Cheee...HOLY SH!+ MY FACE IS MELTING ON MY KEYBOARD..."

Call me confused! Teaser looks finished, then there's something totally different.

is that a habapeno or a jalanero?

orange colored pieces are...???

***teaser**
Made some bread....wish I'd bought it, what a pain in the sphincter that was....tasted good though....jalapeno and fenugreek leaves....yummy

teaser4.jpg

Rooze...
Everything looks amazing.

Slow down a bit. Pop a Ritalin.

All of your pics are equally great.

Putting "Teaser" in front of an amazing pic and then doing it again 4 times doesn't tease anyone.

It starts to piss off.

SHOW US WHAT YOU MADE DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rooze...
Everything looks amazing.

Slow down a bit. Pop a Ritalin.

All of your pics are equally great.

Putting "Teaser" in front of an amazing pic and then doing it again 4 times doesn't tease anyone.

It starts to piss off.

SHOW US WHAT YOU MADE DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Hey SOMBear, you called me tense?

OK, had some fun making a late brunch today....don't usually go this nuts but it is a holiday weekend, and and and....

Didn't have a written recipe for this, other than the bread, so it kind of evolved a bit...

Started the morning off with a Bells Oberon, making a bread with fenugreek leaves. [ahhh the Bells, the Bells they did this to me...]

4.jpg

3.jpg

Enjoyed the morning sun on the deck making a jalapeno and red ancient sweet pepper bread...

1a.jpg

9.jpg

Bread came out nice
8.jpg

Took the insides out of the baguette, brushed it in and out with a jalapeno spiced butter, then lined it inside with cooked bacon and poured in an egg mix.....
10.jpg

Left the egg mix pretty much liquid then poured it into the bacon lined bread, topped it with WI cheddar and baked it for 35 minutes 'til the eggs set. Mixture contains andouille sausage, green onions, various peppers and herbs like tarragon...full list in final presentation tomorrow...

Made a fresh fruit salad with pineapple, grapes, strawberries....this is almost like a vinaigrette but without too much vinegar, Used dried cranberries, strawberries, Door County fresh cherry juice, brown sugar, tequila, cherry brandy and habanero.....reduced it down, gave it a mush and popped it in the blender for a quick run around, then added a bit of apple cider vinegar. This was used on the fresh fruit salad and tasted yummy

12.jpg

More to follow in a few mins......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back