• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
24/02/2012

P1000228.jpg

P1000229.jpg

week old sprouts. did have a brick it there to move sprouts closer to light but they got bigger so ive put them dont on the bottom just looking around house for something else to higher them up just a bit so they dont get leggier.
can sum1 let me no if the pics worked cause i have on ly dont it once thanks

24/12/2012

P1000228.jpg

P1000229.jpg

week old sprouts. did have a brick it there to move sprouts closer to light but they got bigger so ive put them dont on the bottom just looking around house for something else to higher them up just a bit so they dont get leggier.
can sum1 let me no if the pics worked cause i have on ly dont it once thanks

Pics are there ok. If you want to stop leggy seedlings it is not only determined by light source but also airflow. If you get some gentle airflow over them at least for some of the day each day it will encourage much stronger stouter seedlings and less leggy growth.

Pics are there ok. If you want to stop leggy seedlings it is not only determined by light source but also airflow. If you get some gentle airflow over them at least for some of the day each day it will encourage much stronger stouter seedlings and less leggy growth.
thanks for the tip.

i have 2 vents at top that are wide open and i dont put lid on correctly just have it tilted up on one side to let sum air in too .
hopefully thats enough.
wish i had a better setup. but like i said in earlier post sum1 (not saying any names) wont let me :)

thanks for the tip.

i have 2 vents at top that are wide open and i dont put lid on correctly just have it tilted up on one side to let sum air in too .
hopefully thats enough.
wish i had a better setup. but like i said in earlier post sum1 (not saying any names) wont let me :)

Offer to grow something for her .... and get her enthused .... then its easier to start upgrading things :D \
Vents open won't give them actual cross airflow though. You may want a small desk fan to put a gentle breeze across them for an hour or 2 a day.

Offer to grow something for her .... and get her enthused .... then its easier to start upgrading things :D \
Vents open won't give them actual cross airflow though. You may want a small desk fan to put a gentle breeze across them for an hour or 2 a day.
ive used this crappy setup before and have had good results but all the help i can get just makes things better and easier for me tnx
the room its in has a ceiling fan its a very small room so if i turn that on for a couple hours that should do the trick?

A little question guys. I did some changes to my greenhouse to reduce the temperature in there and increase air circulation. I can see a huge drop in the temperature but the breeze is still missing. Do you guys thing the sunlight will be enough for the plants.

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

Right now, this time of year id be pulling the cloth 100%, looks like a great little setup & im sure your plants will love that.
Were in to the last few weeks of warm weather (germination weather) then its a matter of keeping them warm over winter.

Which way is that greenhouse pointing? north?

Mezo.

Still raining, more coming next week, sigh.

Just picked my first ripe Bhut Jolokia, i picked it as i could see it was diseased, its the same plant that had a mark on an earlier greener fruit, are all the fruits on this plant going to go like this?

What am i dealing with? last one i cut open there was no insect inside.

bhutjolokiadisease2.jpg

bhutjolokiadisease.jpg

Cheers,

Mezo.

Still raining, more coming next week, sigh.

Just picked my first ripe Bhut Jolokia, i picked it as i could see it was diseased, its the same plant that had a mark on an earlier greener fruit, are all the fruits on this plant going to go like this?

What am i dealing with? last one i cut open there was no insect inside.

bhutjolokiadisease2.jpg

bhutjolokiadisease.jpg

Cheers,

Mezo.
HRTBRK'N :(

Anyone in Aus growing the Fiji Bongo Chilli?

I'm in Natadola at the moment on the holiday, and asked if they had any chilli to put on my steak. They pulled out a small habanero looking pod, cut it open and I could sense it immediately had the aroma of a Chinense. Have asked if they can get me some more so I can dry the seeds and send them home.

I have a lot of Fijians in the suburbs around where I live, I reckon they'd go nuts for this chilli.

Dunno if they're the same ones or not, MM, but I used to get frozen chillies imported from Fiji from my local Indian grocer (believe it or not).

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

Tried growing 'em once, but of course, frozen seeds = no good. :(

Back