• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
The morning after, i watched that huge storm on the rader & it was well south of me heading towards the coast, then at 1am the heavens opened big time. A bolt of lightning hit a mountain next to me, it was so close i felt the warmth on my face lying in bed,

It was like the "top fuel" of rain, it was hard, then it turned up a notch and it was deafaning incredible amount of rain for hours on end & the real annoying thing is i had watered my plants before i went to bed thinking it was going to miss me. :banghead:

Poor plants (Bhut`s) they are well overwatered, did anyone get that lot as well?

Mezo.

mate we copped it.. good light show - get used to it. Some Jan/Feb's are insane but whi huge hail in the afternoon.. We have a tornado 3 years ago that ripped through our village and tore houses down i kid you not.

I've had fish covered in hot sauce before. It's something I may have to repeat to make room for more home made sauces that I plan to make.

Ive cooked chilli cod many times, there are thousands of chilli fish recipe`s on Google.

Mezo.

im not into the cheap ferts with mercury... strange.

This is my grow list updated..
Scotch Bonnet
Aji Limon
Dorset Naga
Prik Nee Noo
Trinidad Scorpian
Trinidad 7 Pot
Cayenne Rough
Habanero Orange
Birdseye
Long Dragon
Fiesta
Bell
Inferno
Fatalii
Firecracker
Anaheim
Jalapeno
Tabasco
Chocolate Habanero
Cayenne Smooth
Aurora
Vietnamese
Big Jim
Bhut Jolokia
Fire
Habanero Red
Naga Morich
Siam

Beef Jerky - from a beef jerky packet - not sure as yet
Big Red - my own description
Red Heart? woolworths chilli heart/ball shaped

I may have over capitlised on the Bhut Jolokia and Orange habs..

IMG_0530Medium.jpg

IMG_0529Medium.jpg

Nice List
one name on your list should read Prik Ki Nu, Prik = chilli, Ki = shit, Nu = rat or mouse,....rat shit chilli

I harvested my entire ripe crop of pods from my third Trinidad Scorpion plant. None of my plants have produced pods with stingers. I discarded two damaged mouldy pods that are not pictured in the photo.

pP2tv.jpg

Harvest of ripe pods from Trinidad Scorpion plant #3

R3mvh.jpg

Two of the first three pods

I haven't tried these to see how the heat and flavour compares to that of the pods from the first two plants. At the end of the last season I ate a pod that had some citrus tones that one of the other two plants produced.

The first two pods in particular developed at a stage where I had the plant in a small 20 cm pot. The plant was stressed as it was wilted every morning before I watered it. Just by their appearance they have the hallmarks of being scary hot.

These pods are destined to be used in a Mango Hot Sauce. The ratio I have in mind for Mango to chilli is 3:1.

Good haul Harry........how many can you fit in your mouth? :hell:

The pod in the bottom left of the first photo is 4 cm long and 3.5 cm wide. The smoother pod above it 4 cm long and 4 cm wide. The two largest pods would be a mouthful that I suspect would be remedied by coming out of your nose if you chomped on them.

I learnt how how painful one small pod from the second plant was a while ago. :flamethrower:There's no way I'm going to eat one of these whole again.

Hey Grant we could play "chubby bunny". Keep putting scorps in your mouth until you can no longer say Chubby Bunny, supposed to use marshmellows but this would be better!c :hell:

Back