• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Got my last shipment of seeds for this season. Already planned a couple for next season - depends on how much I like some of these. Heere's my final and complete list.

Bhut Jolokia Red
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia White
Bhut Jolokia Purple
Butch Taylor Trinidad Scorpion
Cayenne Yellow
Chicken Heart
Cili Goronong
Habanero Antillias Caribbean
Habanero Bahamian Goat Pepper
Habanero Mustard
Scotch Bonnet TFM

I noticed the annums have different leaves as expected, but the Cili Goronong has three leaves on starting and they are teh shape of a annum leaf. I thought the Goronong was a chinense, am I incorrect?

I noticed the annums have different leaves as expected, but the Cili Goronong has three leaves on starting and they are teh shape of a annum leaf. I thought the Goronong was a chinense, am I incorrect?

Does the Cili Goronong have true leaves? Do you have a photo to share?

That's true, my second tallest seedling is another of the amarillo battacum. It's the dry looking one in the photo. Taller than others, but has grown a true set of leaves though, and it's younger than my annoying too tall one.
Yeah, my Aji Amarillo is nuts! It's not quite as tall as my CAP 501 (which is very tall also), but the distance between the base of the main stem and where it starts to branch out (main fork) is like twice that of CAP 501! It would have to be close to 50cm - if not more!

IMG_6245.jpg

VERY frustrating! (It just looks so stupid! :lol:)

I don't think I've ever had a plant grow that tall before branching out.....

Those are the cotyledons (seed leaves) of the sprout. The next leaf to develop will be a true leaf. I wouldn't worry about it being a Capsicum Annuum based on just the cotyledons. Wait and see the appearance of the true leaves.
+1

Sometimes chilli plants develop three cotyledons (not the usual two like they're supposed to) but don't worry as you'll definitely see the difference between cotyledons and true leaves when they come through. ;)

Yaaaay..... Aji Amarillo developing first pod. And it's extra special too because I cross-pollinated with Yellow Trinidad Scorpion. :cool:

IMG_6247.jpg

Let's see if I can finally get a hybrid to grow from this one.

(Don't let the skirt still stuck on there fool you either.... couldn't find my tweezers so just used scissors to trim around the unopened bud.)

Aphids on my biggest plant. I swear its because i bought them inside!
Only on the tip so dose of neem and then manually removed.

Also, Bunnings sux! 8 bucks for 5 litres of vermiculite, stock / produce place doesn't carry it either. Rip off mongrels.
Looked inside the infamous pot bin, one four inch pot. :lol:

Hey I was thinking if any if you are interested in the 42mm jiffy pellets I can help out as I buy them in bulk. I do them on my website for $3.20 for 10 but can do it for you guys only 100 for $18 + postage. I'm only offering to help out for those who don't want to buy in a carton but need more than your average amount.

One thing I've never had is four cotyledons.....

How did that plant go, BTW, megamoo?

It is still alive outside in the rain and its still producing flowers and pods. I noticed a few weeks ago it had these huge purple flowers. Never had any special treatment and was part of the supercompacted soil pot up disaster of last year but struggled on. I saved some seeds from one of the pods and it was a fairly small pod but absolutely packed with seeds! It doesn't look very pretty but I'm thinking that the way its going it'll make it to next spring. If it does I'll cut it back and repot it into a nice big pot with good soil and see what it can do.

Back