• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Who all is BBQ'in this weekend?

Look good!

grantmichaels said:
Looks nice!

I'm a little bit controlling, about it, so I prefer to do skewers of each item and toss together in post instead of making them attractive, but they look killer =)
Better control over cook times. ;)

Thanks! I do them seperately sometimes, but the Mrs. and I were hungry, so I did all of the batches mixed veggies and meat, so we could eat right away. I'm still cooking the 3rd batch right now, low and slow on some hardwood charcoal and a few chunks of apple wood. I cooked the first batch quickly due to our hunger level, but the 2nd batch took an hour, and the 3rd is smoking away while I cache this bottle of braggot.

SmokenFire said:
I've got 2 pork shoulders, a 15lb brisket, 4 ranks of spares and some chicken to go on the smoker today/tomorrow.  Meat sweats inbound!  

Food will be on about 2pm tomorrow.  Let me know if ya want a plate. ;)

I dont WANT a plate...i NEED a plate...heh 

Ill be firing up the smoker here in a bit for these ginormous beef ribs.  Gotta get them ready for the sharks game tonight.

Man I love fire, beer and meat..

meat-lover_o_1003531.jpg

Oh snap! You doing overnight in fridge uncovered to remove moisture for crispiness? Or you just prepping for time? Never made them so just asking.

The Hot Pepper said:
Oh snap! You doing overnight in fridge uncovered to remove moisture for crispiness? Or you just prepping for time? Never made them so just asking.

Yup, dry em out.  Then they'll hit the smoker for about an hour and come out kinda like oven bacon - crisp with a bit of chew left.  ;)

Got the thrash can going in the front yard, chicken, burgers and hot links.
20160521_185717.jpg

Warming up the smoker for that BBQ contest that's about Too Go Down!
20160521_185717.jpg

20160521_185717.jpg

20160521_185717.jpg

20160521_185717.jpg

20160521_185717.jpg

WTH just happened?

Attachments

• 20160521_191602.jpg
    20160521_191602.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 64
Back