• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Since I am not drinking today I will post this here. Chili cheese queso.

100_9939.jpg

100_9936.jpg

100_9940.jpg

100_9941.jpg

AWESOME Jay!! Is that a smoked chile gouda? How 'bout the other cheese? Do tell compadre.

I was hoping to bait someone into hassling me for not posting pics but I found no joy. Here they are anywhoooo...

1/2 stick butter and 1tb of flour for the roux

IMG_3335.jpg

2-3 cups of heavy cream brought to simmer and handfuls of shredded sharp tillamook cheddar

IMG_3336.jpg

mrs. blues did up some biscuits and eggs. Splooged the biscuit with sriracha and canadian bacon

IMG_3338.jpg

Topped with an over easy egg and swimming in queso.

IMG_3339.jpg

Queso is butter, cream, and cheese, and now replaces bacon as the new vegan kryptonite!

Very nice TB, you can keep the baby chickens, just double up the Canadian bacon for me.

The cheeses are indeed smoked chile gouda, as well as a little mozzarella, and sharp cheddar. Added some milk and melted very slowly. Then I added two big ladles of yesterday's chili and stirred it up good. I think I can see this morphing into one more thing...poppers.

Hot Ass Hobo STew.....Started with Habanero, small Trinidad, and Jalapeno peppers. Added other fresh vegetables and herbs from the garden, leftover Chili with beans and meat (cooked with 4 large orange habaneros), garlic, and ham.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Camera malfunction, so no pics. (So sorry, TB!)

Spicy Asian Meatballs tonight ~~~ started with a found recipe, then said "whatever" and started dumping stuff into the bowl. I liked them. You decide if you do, too. Measurements are at least close to what I used.

3/4 cups panko (or other breadcrumbs)
1-1/2 pounds ground dark-meat turkey
3 scallions, white parts thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
4 teaspoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons (give or take....) hot pepper sauce - I used jolokia
2 teaspoons (more or less) ginger juice
4 teaspoons sugar
1 (or more) large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon (as much as you like...) allspice
Sea salt

Preheat oven to 450F. Combine panko and 3 tablespoons of water in a bowl, let stand 5 minutes. Add everything else, mix well, then form into meatballs (about 12.) Heat a tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rimmed baking dish, and bake until done, about 10 minutes more. Serve with chile-ginger dipping sauce and lime. I'm thinking I've forgotten a couple seasonings, but you can improvise. I would consider adding fresh lemongrass next time.

These were very moist, which kind of surprised me given the very-low fat content, and tasted quite good.

im fixing to go to a wing joint. but for lunch i had ham salad with so much hot sauce it dripped down my arm,leaving a puddle on the plate. 2 beers washed it down,and three sips off the bottle,,,, i have to get ready for the wings, :fireball:

ok...so, I have started my 2012 goal already for eating healthy... Tonight, I made spicy Tofu Tacos, with a cabbage slaw and avocados! Here is a pic... It was SUPER good, and I would definitely make them again!
397265_2381207612341_1315203609_31964639_961984156_n.jpg

OMG this food looks so good! The queso dip JT...........don't even get me started. That hobo stew looked amazing too! and let's not forget that egg/queso/canadian bacon and biscuit YUM. I will have to go with you though Cory....that taco looks good and after these holidays, it is exactly what I should be eating.

Back