• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Beef, tomato and bean chili with Fatalii's, Orange habs, SuperChilies and a secret blend of herbs and spices cooked to perfection in a 350F oven for 3hours. I cooked it fast because I was starving.

Hey THP'ers..

Knocked out a bonzo nosh plate tonight, wasn't sure where to post it really. Since there was a lot of wine and beer involved I thought about sticking this in the DC, but I didn't capture the booze pics :(

Anyway, this is a rib dish with stuffed Jalapeno, mashed potato and a fatalii onion gravy.

The BBQ sauce was one that I made a couple weeks back from Door County windfall apples and T-Scorps, with balsamic, brown sugar, Jack Daniels and various spices and stuff....so it's pretty firey!!

Anyhooo.....some pics.....

Did a hot dry rub on some pork ribs, dry rub made from sun-dried tomato, Chocolate Bhuts, cinammon, coriander and a few other spices ...Ribs went to bake for 2 hrs at 400

1.jpg

Made the popper mix with ground beef, italian sausage, hot Thai green chiles, white onion, garlic and various spices and stuff.....packed with Mexican cheese blend and wrapped in bacon
3.jpg

3a.jpg

Splurged on one of my favorite cheeses.....$24 LB but worth it...

4.jpg

Got an onion gravy going, Fatalii, white onions, pork fat, little flour, garlic, etc.....

5.jpg

Cooked the poppers on the small grill with some hickory chips, then added the ribs for the last 20 minutes for some hickory smoke and browning......

2.jpg

Camera a little out of focus.....shaky hands .....ribs, poppers, mashed pots with onion gravy....wifey insisted on some green stuff for newtrients or something weird...
6.jpg

Mr. Shakey....

7.jpg

Nice sunset over the Bay of Green Bay.....spot the garbage can lid and the overturned chair by the fire pit......high winds last night !!!
8.jpg

Well that's all I have,

Cheers folks

Roose

What Kind of cheese is that three layered slice of awesome looking goodness??????

Hey LanMan,

It's a Gloucester and Stilton blend (Gloucester pronounced "gloster")

There are a few different varieties this was a Hunter Valley, it's very good. The Stilton is nice and creamy and a perfect blend with the Gloucester :cool:

Thanks rooze, I'll have to find some of that great looking cheese. Do you have a specialty cheese shop you get it at?

Hey LanMan....not really, it's a small grocery store here in NE Wisconsin that caters to a lot of 'rich' Illinois tourists, so they do carry some nice deli items. But I've seen this elsewhere, so keep your eyes peeled, it's a good catch!

Cheers

Here you go Brian...Cream cod and fresh Shrimp...with some 7th Circle liberally applied, on board the Ocean Intervention III in the Gulf of Mex....
photo-1.jpg

wow 126 pages of a new thread I never found. Nice to see something people like it on. I really need to expand my menu in the kitchen. That looks great.

Poached Salmon with Dill Cream sauce/Habermelon,saffron rice with raw sweet peppers and vegs......sounds wierd-tasted wonderful!And Brian........
And a tribute to empty Seven Circle ...hahahha
Habermelon_review.jpg

Back