• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

scovilles Trinidad peppers on the Scoville scale.

POTAWIE said:
Don't forget that growing conditions play a major role in SHU and not every pod that everyone grows is going to break a million. This makes its hard to attach an exact shu number to every pepper type. Also, there are many types of chocolate habs, some being much hotter than others.

Damn true buddy and thats what you need to get a round figure lots of tests and lots of pods think about 30-40 where used on the scorpion test but thats just one lab others have been send elsewhere for testing to get a true figure..or as near as can be :)

At least we know how hot they "can" get! That it is possible to break the million shu mark with the scorps (somehow I had a feeling they would?). Yeah, like you said POTAWIE growing conditions are a huge part of the heat, I have seen Nagas range from 800,000 to 1.5 million? What ever the growing conditions, these are DAMN HOT!

Ozarkrocker said:
At least we know how hot they "can" get! That it is possible to break the million shu mark with the scorps (somehow I had a feeling they would?). Yeah, like you said POTAWIE growing conditions are a huge part of the heat, I have seen Nagas range from 800,000 to 1.5 million? What ever the growing conditions, these are DAMN HOT!

Yep growing conditions look at A.J STRESSED nagas etc, the stressing seems to help the heat level of chili variety's :rolleyes:

talas said:
Yep growing conditions look at A.J STRESSED nagas etc, the stressing seems to help the heat level of chili variety's :rolleyes:
I can attest to the "stressed" thing raising the heat level.My Fatalli plant has seen its share of ups and downs and I just
tried a small baby ripe pod and it lit my arse up!!!!:lol:
I am afraid of my Scotch Bonnet and Naga plants now!!!:lol:
but I must add I am a newbie to growing but the advice
the people here give you Is spot on!!! Never could have
the success I had without this site!!

You do realize there starting to SCARE you now don't you..My first Naga i cant face you your to hot..I might melt rofl

surprised-in-shower-006.gif

talas said:
You do realize there starting to SCARE you now don't you..My first Naga i cant face you your to hot..I might melt rofl
I hear you man! My two outside Naga plants have been through hell and back. As seedlings, they OD'd on ferts once, starved for water a couple of times, had bugs decimate them down to nothing but stalks several times, drowned by rain for a month and STILL they bounced back with new foliage. I can't believe how tough these little plants are! When peppers finally grow on them, they'll rival the sun for heat, I think! I keep giving up on them and they just keep coming back for more!

NatGreenMeds said:
I hear you man! My two outside Naga plants have been through hell and back. As seedlings, they OD'd on ferts once, starved for water a couple of times, had bugs decimate them down to nothing but stalks several times, drowned by rain for a month and STILL they bounced back with new foliage. I can't believe how tough these little plants are! When peppers finally grow on them, they'll rival the sun for heat, I think! I keep giving up on them and they just keep coming back for more!

Those pods will be so hot Nat..Can just imagine your scream heard throughout your area..With a Few F``` M` Thrown in :lol:;)

POTAWIE said:
Stressing a plant before there are pods is not going to make future pods any hotter IMO.
Oh rats! I was hoping it would work that way!

Hey, they'll be hot as hell anyway, right? hehe

Back