• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

scovilles Trinidad peppers on the Scoville scale.

One of the members recently said that the 7-Pot or Scorpion peppers were the hottest he/she had ever eaten.

Has anyone done any testing on these peppers to see where they are in the Scoville ratings?

I'm currently growing:

1. Naga Morich
2. Red Savina
3. 7-Pot
4. Scorpion
5. Chocolate Hab
6. White Bullet Hab
7. Fatalii Red

I'd like to find out the tested results for each of these types. Who knows them?

Thanks,

Nat

don't know if they have been formally tested or not Nat...out of your list, the Red Savina is the only one I know of that has been tested and then the test results were somewhat suspect in that they could never be reproduced...

Talas has posted sth about the Scorps in another thread, looks like they've been tested, too.

Chocolate Hab 450.000
White Bullet ~300.000
Red Savina 577.000

AlabamaJack said:
don't know if they have been formally tested or not Nat...out of your list, the Red Savina is the only one I know of that has been tested and then the test results were somewhat suspect in that they could never be reproduced...

Chiliac said:
Talas has posted sth about the Scorps in another thread, looks like they've been tested, too.

Chocolate Hab 450.000
White Bullet ~300.000
Red Savina 577.000
Thanks guys. Maybe someone else has seen results for the others. I forgot to add my Fatalii Red to the list so I did now.

patrick said:
Where did you see this talas? You have a link or a source or something we can all read? Thanks.

No Patrick buddy had an email from a friend in retail telling me he had the pods tested at a u.k lab and i advised him to go and have it checked at least 3 times to get an all round figure..The person is a commercial re-seller and its a no bullshit figure..Its best to get an accurate figure after the fun over the dorset nagas shu rating a few years ago :rolleyes:

talas said:
T.Scorpion 1.268,759 Shu first test, tests on going :)
Thanks talas, but do you mean #1 is 268,759 or One Million, two hundred sixty eight thousand seven hundred fifty nine?

Some places use decimals in place of commas or the other way around. hehe

Thanks talas. It's good to have somebody on the inside. I hope you can keep us updated and I sure hope your friend can make some seeds available. Good luck!

rainbowberry said:
I read it as being 1 million Nat.
Thanks rainbowberry, with decimals and commas in it, I wasn't sure how to read it. Man, I can't wait to get some fruit off of mine! I just transplanted 20 more seedlings into 4 inch pots. These 28 I have going now will be the Hosts for clones in October or November. Then it's 15 days in the clone machine to root and into 4 inch pots for the new clones. This is next springs garden. By then, I plan on having about 100 plants ready to go outside. That's if my cat doesn't start liking the hot pepper water I'm putting on them now. I'm afraid I'll come out one morning and find him with a bowl of nachos and ten of my plants....hehe

NatGreenMeds said:
Thanks rainbowberry, with decimals and commas in it, I wasn't sure how to read it. Man, I can't wait to get some fruit off of mine! I just transplanted 20 more seedlings into 4 inch pots. These 28 I have going now will be the Hosts for clones in October or November. Then it's 15 days in the clone machine to root and into 4 inch pots for the new clones. This is next springs garden. By then, I plan on having about 100 plants ready to go outside. That's if my cat doesn't start liking the hot pepper water I'm putting on them now. I'm afraid I'll come out one morning and find him with a bowl of nachos and ten of my plants....hehe

And the Scientist in you didnt realize what the commas where lol..Mistakes ;):lol:

talas said:
And the Scientist in you didnt realize what the commas where lol..Mistakes ;):lol:
What? Now you've got me totally confused! hehe Hey if they're 1.3 million SHU, I'm *really* glad I'm growing some! I've got 3 Scorpions and six 7-Pots growing under fluorescents now. Both types are still very small, but looking good. I have a Chocolate Hab that is taking off like crazy! It's four times the size of all the rest that were started at the same time.

Yes of course its 1.3 my friend..And i noticed to those choc habs really sprout fast and the leaf size is huge :)

talas said:
..And i noticed to those choc habs really sprout fast and the leaf size is huge :)
They sure do! What a beautiful little plant they are. I might train some of them as inside plants under fluorescents. If I top them to make them shorter with more branching, they might stay at a managable height for an indoor plant. I'll let you know.

Damn I knew those Scorps were hot!!:mouthonfire: Hottest thing I've ever had. This is the first real shu rating that I have heard about the Scorpions, I've heard, you know, 1,000,000+ and that I knew, but it's cool to see a real shu rating! I wonder if they go higher:hell:?
Thanks Talas for the info, please keep us up to date!:)

Don't forget that growing conditions play a major role in SHU and not every pod that everyone grows is going to break a million. This makes its hard to attach an exact shu number to every pepper type. Also, there are many types of chocolate habs, some being much hotter than others.

Back