• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Throwdown Throne

Awesome JT, I'm glad you won. You definitely deserve it. As bad as I've been wanting a crown... I think it turned out just right.
Everybody did a great job, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did!

Just a small word of warning: THE GLOVES ARE COMING OFF!
(unless next month it's sushi, pie, or bread, or liver) lol

geeme won the last crown of 2011! Congrats.

TB started it.

Top of page 3 of the December discussion thread. Well, actually, many of you started it long before then - the talk of BACON. When TB suggested BACON for the TD, I laughed, and thought if I was going to enter, whether the TD was BACON or not, I had to use BACON. The talk died down for a while, but then Scovie and Wheebz picked it back up. When Wheebz said "BACON wrapped steak and steak wrapped BACON", I laughed, and thought "someone should do that", not thinking it was going to be me - I had decided already to sit this one out since I have final projects due in both classes next week. Mm-hmm. Clearly that decision came and went and dispersed like so much dandelion fluff in the wind.

Whether you talked about BACON this time or not, I'm sure you talked about it at some point on one of these threads. So a big THANK YOU goes to all of you, not just for your votes, but for your inspiration - YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

Not only that, but there were some mighty fine dishes in the competition. I particularly want to congratulate Vegan Ray - coming in as a newbie and posting vegan with this crowd was gutsy - and he has the votes to show for it. Well done!

G, well done M'Lady (had to use the M'Lady, she has a crown)!

VR, dude as geeme said to enter with a Vegan meal with this crowd and garner 7 votes is awesome. We willbe expecting some epic entries in the future.

Again congrats geeme great ideas and well done.

Congrats Geeme! It's about time. :dance: I don't know if you know this or not, but you may need a lawyer. It seems that Red Lobster has heard of your success and is now selling a bacon and cheese stuffed filet on their menu! If you sue, see if you can get me some of those garlic cheddar biscuits. Today I will raise a half a beer in your honor (after removing the cling wrap of course). :beer: :lol:

Geeme! (Throwdown Assistant). BOOYAH!!!!!!!
Beer Bong Time! I don't think I could do a whole one anymore, but the rest will keep in the fridge...
Congrats, That crown looks good!

YAY! Geeme's got her bling! You Go, Girl!

:beer:
________

(that's a beer divided by 2)

'Twas fun; will join in the hijinks again when the time constraints imposed by "real life" allow. Mad congrats to geeme! Way to pull out bacon, the kryptonite to vegetarian competitive cooks the world over.
icon_evil.gif

Nice job G!

I've been secretly wanting you to win for far longer than I've let on through our smacktalk!

You rock! I'm so happy for you, you deserve this!!!!!

VR - hopefully we'll have a vegetarian TD in the near future - I think that will be a REAL challenge for many of us!

Thanks FD! And yeah, isn't smacktalk kind of like poker? ;)

Back