grills Stōk Grill

I used to care about that but not anymore. I believe Weber are made in China, assembled in USA.

lol I don't base my dislike for the grill because of the crappy pizza stone, that's just one of a few things. But that should be a small red flag for the quality. I was given one for a gift, only reason I had one for a very brief time. But like mentioned different strokes for different folks, one mans trash is another's treasure

How many people do you see here that have used both recommending the stoke over a weber

As long as it is blurry too Jay LOL.....

geeme said:
You two are hilarious!

The simple solution would be to teach them to use the non-gas type. Oh yeah, but that's a PITA to start and clean up for something that could be done in a microwave. ;)

I currently have an electric grill. It was a good thing for me to get at the time. I wasn't sure if I'd actually use a grill or not, as I had been grill-less for several years. I've since found that yes, I use it enough to warrant getting another grill when this one goes. My next one, however, will likely be gas, as I don't want the clean-up of a charcoal grill.
So I'm somewhat of a sucker for gadgets. I have the following grills/smokers and semi grills lol

kamado grill- I use all the time
smokey joe- I use once in a while
portable table top gas grill- they use
Big Chief electric smoker- I use whenever I'm smoking fish or peppers
Big George Foreman grill :) - they use

So the 2 I use the most are my kamado grill primarily with wood and my electric smoker with wood. I would also consider a WSM 22 inch or one of these below :

http://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/

Stok on Target says: Made in the USA and Imported

So whatever! I have a Chinese offset smoker, has held up well, CI grates.

No pics of you and Tito please!

The Hot Pepper said:
No pics of you and Tito please!
2444945-5903787721-19123.jpg

I know it is vodka I mean that dude in your closet.

The Hot Pepper said:
I used to care about that but not anymore. I believe Weber are made in China, assembled in USA.

No, only one of their gas grills (that little table top one, I think) and one or two of their grates are made overseas. The vast majority of their product line is manufactured and assembled in Illinois.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hrjo-Qh5M

The Hot Pepper said:
I believe Weber are made in China, assembled in USA.

I don't know about the China part (probably so), but the assembly is guaranteed 100% in USA.... since I had to assemble mine in my driveway! lol

Edit: I just looked up job opportunities on Weber's website just for giggles (my son needs a big boy job) and I see they're hiring welders, fabrication techs, maintenance techs, powder booth techs, production supervisors, die makers, etc.... all for locations in Illinois. So they must make something here in the good ol' U.S. of A. - R&D or full blown production? Both? It's 2 shifts around the clock.... so...

I'm now looking at the PK cast aluminum grill hmmmmmmmmmm. Made in Arkansas and the cast aluminum has the insulation properties of eggs but really I just want to grill and for it to last and it claims no rust.

Back