• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Romy6 and Newtune's amateur grow contest!

A very interesting thread - speed growing may catch on. Sounds like starting with the same seeds (unless there is a ringer) and the rest is no holds barred. Just growing talent and vagaries of the weather. It would seem that shelter for the little ones might give some boost. Here on the west coast we do not get the 6-8" of rain especially in the summer. It just stays cool and windy so I opt for the sunny window and 8 tube T5 approach.

It will also be interesting to see which plant produces the most pod weight during the limited season (not sure if Florida really has a limited growing season)

Best to both competitors. I always like to see a tight game that takes it right down to the finish line.

Newtune, head to the beach and pic up some sargassam, and soak the salt out good... let it dry on the drive way, and crush it up. I use the algae and hydrylla like that. It defiantly works well, and free to boot. I don't know your rules, but i have some under a light... see Steppin it up. Man these things under controlled conditions are kickin ass, and look like the pics from the pro's here...
Conrad. The rules are there are no rules. Yes the indoor plants are nice but us poor folk have to stick with MR Sun and that is fine by me :lol:

A very interesting thread - speed growing may catch on. Sounds like starting with the same seeds (unless there is a ringer) and the rest is no holds barred. Just growing talent and vagaries of the weather. It would seem that shelter for the little ones might give some boost. Here on the west coast we do not get the 6-8" of rain especially in the summer. It just stays cool and windy so I opt for the sunny window and 8 tube T5 approach.

It will also be interesting to see which plant produces the most pod weight during the limited season (not sure if Florida really has a limited growing season)

Best to both competitors. I always like to see a tight game that takes it right down to the finish line.
Thanks foor looking WolfCoug. We do not have a limited season but from late December til early march the plants get quite dormant :) I need to get with Al and see how long he wants to keep this going.

Small update. All of my plants have started flowering like :crazy: Normally i pinch them off when they are this small but not today. No guarantees I will get a pod but you never know.

Here is the largest scorp with a lil bacterial damage but starting to flower :dance:

He is about 1 foot tall

100_2603.jpg

Close up

100_2600.jpg

Well I finally have a pod. Here she be :dance: :beer:
100_2657.jpg

100_2668.jpg

Show me the money Al. Or you can just pay me in those yummy spicey pickles :lol:

Almost there. Unfortunatley Newtune hasn't had quite the luck. But I see a free meal soon :cool:

100_2691-1.jpg

I have never let my plants that are this small bud. I can see what they mean by bigger pods on smaller plants. And they seem to grow much faster as well.

Here are the two biggest plants. The one on the left should be the winner!

100_2737.jpg

Next time I should have a nice yellow scorp. Fingers crossed :halo:

Almost there. Unfortunatley Newtune hasn't had quite the luck. But I see a free meal soon :cool:

100_2691-1.jpg

I have never let my plants that are this small bud. I can see what they mean by bigger pods on smaller plants. And they seem to grow much faster as well.

Here are the two biggest plants. The one on the left should be the winner!

100_2737.jpg

Next time I should have a nice yellow scorp. Fingers crossed :halo:

Almost looks like it is on fire! Congrats on the win Jamie!

Well I don't wannt to count my chickens yet. But thank you Matt. It has been fun documenting the yellow cardi. My first scorp variety.

Lookin goot...that yellow you gave me is looking nice, and has loads of buds, but there small still. Wanna catch some pomps this weekend? headin over in a few...

Thanks Conrad but we are celebrating JJ's birthday this weekend. Lots of family coming to town. Should be crazy. :)

Thank you Eric. I have a feeling I will be jealous of you in a few months when your plants start going off!

Stephen, I can taste the free meal already. And I will tell JJ. Gonna be the big Ocho! Thanks

Back