• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

roadhouse's 2010 first year grow thread

Looking good roadhouse. The plants got much bigger since last time i saw your thread. How long is your grow season in indiana?

First frost should be coming in October sometime, hopefully towards the latter half of the month if I'm lucky but probably more towards the beginning.

Haven't updated this in forever I know, but mostly because there hasn't been much activity. I have had terrible conditions so far this summer for growing. In June it was too much rain, and July and most of August, too much heat and humidity. I had flowers and buds set on a few plants that were more vigorous in the latter half of June. These were mostly annuums and frutescens, and a couple of chinenses.

I ended up getting pods from Thai Dragon, Zimbabwe Bird, De Arbol, Santaka, Takanotsume, Onza, Twilight, Pimient D'Espellete and for the chinenses I got 6 Naga Morich off one plant, two Fatalli, one each off two plants (of 6), two Carribean Reds, also one each off two plants (of 6), and a bunch of White Bullets. This sounds alright but is pathetic considering I have about 120 plants.

Ironically, now that the weather has cooled off the plants are going crazy finally and are putting out lots of buds and flowers and setting pods, but unfortunately I think it is too late. At this point there is probably only another month before the first frost hits. I can only hope that some pods set and they ripen on the dead plants. I have plants in pots that are 10x better than those in the ground and I am hoping to keep them alive over the winter.

Wow, this is a depressing post.

Back