• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photography

iPhone at night, I love our pest control!

12081143_512048108950114_929254622_n.jpg

I just finished going to school for photography....I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III and a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 is ii usm lens most of the time. This is my favorite lens and can be used for any kind of photography!

KingChile said:
I just finished going to school for photography....I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III and a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 is ii usm lens most of the time. This is my favorite lens and can be used for any kind of photography!

Whered you go?

I went to a community college here, they have a GREAT photography program! Lansing Community College is the name of it.

What software should I get for my camera. I kind of figured it would come with something but it didn't. I just need something that I can do basic editing with.

I see A LOT of bad advice in this tread, but everyone has their own opinions. As for someone who has been into Photography a long time and has went to school for it, I have to say that gear does matter. At the same time it's also how u look at subjects and how u wanna tell ur story thru the captured image. I have the Canon 5D Mark III and a Canon Rebel T3i, there is a HUGE difference in those cameras and obviously the $5000 one is way better and way FASTER! Thou the most important thing is not the camera it's the glass u're using....if u don't have a good lens any camera will be shit. Also equally important to the kinda glass u use is ur lighting. 

KingChile said:
I see A LOT of bad advice in this tread, but everyone has their own opinions. As for someone who has been into Photography a long time and has went to school for it, I have to say that gear does matter. At the same time it's also how u look at subjects and how u wanna tell ur story thru the captured image. I have the Canon 5D Mark III and a Canon Rebel T3i, there is a HUGE difference in those cameras and obviously the $5000 one is way better and way FASTER! Thou the most important thing is not the camera it's the glass u're using....if u don't have a good lens any camera will be shit. Also equally important to the kinda glass u use is ur lighting. 

Spoken like a True Believing Gear Dweeb/Snob.

Blowing a shit-ton of money on classes and fancy gear (and then feeling the need to brag about it!) makes you a good little consumer, at best.  It does not magically make you an ace photographer, and it sure as hell does not qualify you to condemn the advice of others...

Back