vendor Ordering Pepper Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
FadeToBlack said:
I got an e-mail from Beth at peppermania notifying me of why I received a full refund.
Pretty much very low stock this time of year, and preparing for 2010 season.

I imagine she will do the same for the rest of her customers.

You are correct. I got an email from her about 2 weeks ago concerning my order and why she was having to issue a refund. But I will be watching as I will be ordering from her when seeds are available.

Taj said:
I did not even realise there was a trade forum until after I bought the bulk of my seeds. That being said, I would rather pay my way than beg my way through life.

How noble of you...

Don't suppose you can spare any small change, boss? Just reach down from your high horse and toss it in my hat...:violin:

Does anyone have anything to say about Trade Winds Fruit or Evergreen Seeds? I wouldn't shop there just for the peppers they sell, but both have a great selection of other seeds like tomatoes, perilla, basil and much more. I'm probably going to order a few packs of seed from each seller.

huntsman said:
I see most folk on this site don't swap seeds too often. (I'm judging by the names in the seed swap forum and by responses I've had via pm to requests/offers I have made.) It's always the same people who use the facility, which is a real pity as it is also a great source of seeds and a cool way to interact with other members...

Just a thought.

This past Winter & Spring......I gave Ultra Hots Pepper seeds away for free. And payed the postage. There are great traders here. But the US traders do that in January & Febuary & March. Just wrong time of the year for the US.

Ah, don't get me wrong, mate -

I've had some fine swaps with some great folk in Australia, Holland, USA, Finland, Poland, UK, Canada and Trinidad, so I'm not complaining. Far from it. I'm recommending the system and provided it's not misused it's another good tool on a great web site.

I see from Potawi's response that n00bs can be a problem to swap with as we are less careful to avoid cross pollination, and might inadvertently send incorrectly labelled seeds etc, so there are pitfalls, but I've met some great folk and received and sent some fine seeds, so I recommend it.

Hopefully I'll have a good number of seeds to share in February...;-)

I grow chiles from 10-yr old seed all the time. They have been properly stored warm and dry.

In my only experiment, seeds from tangerine bell 1 yr old and 8 yrs old. Both germination rates were so close to 90% that the statistical difference was nil.

Anyone from the states order from here before? They do have a few I am interested in, but always worry about ordering out of the country due to customs stealing all the goodies.

jacob
Espechili said:
Many europeans are ordering from Semillas, like me in the first year. They got good ware and very big range of peppers, actually more than 600 at reasonable prices. It seems that they are shipping wordwide, watching the list of countries and they got installed an english version some weeks ago.

http://www.semillas.de/cgi-bin/shop_en/shop.cgi

do not buy anything from" Reimer seeds" ordered 10 differant types of seeds all came up great sprouted 12 of each for a total 120 plants. at harvest time all plants were the same pepper. the people abovethis post are good to deal with, Baker seeds is the best so far.

I received my seed package from Peppermania this week. The order only took about 8 days to get here. The seeds were very well packaged and labelled. Beth is also a friendly person to work with. We'll see how I do with these seeds as its my first year growing but two thumbs up for this vendor. She also threw in a bonus package of mystery seeds. Not sure what they are but there was a dried pepper flake in the bag and it was blazin! Should be fun to see what I've got there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back