cutlery MY NEW KNIVES

i'm posting this for ajijoe.

Hello all i just wanted you all to see my new toys my SANTOKU and my BIRDSEYE PARER

their made by Rava Cutlery

and guess what there made in the USA!!! there made in Iowa and they did not cost too much either the Santoku was $8.99 and the Birdseye was just $5.99
i got them at a kitchen supply store in my local farmers market
i try to buy American as much as possible and actually go out of my way to do so
the quality is excellent, they may not be pretty but they cut up a storm!!

MYNEWTOYS.jpg

let me know what you think - thanks your friend joe

IF YOU WANT TO GET FROM HERE TO THERE YOUR DESIRE MUST BE GREATER TO BE THERE THAN HERE

Good stuff. congrats on ya new knifes. :)
thank you
im not sure if you can imagine how hard its getting to find good domestic products anymore
you really gotta hunt these days, i went to the kitchen store and asked the women expecting her to look at me like i have three heads or something asking do you have any knives made in the USA she had them right there on the counter i was very happy to say the least
i have Chinese friend but im sick of those three words "MADE IN CHINA" why do they have to make everything anyway??!! yeah they make it cheap this is true butt there are a few down sides as well

these are great knives and was happy to pay what i did for them :woohoo:

thanks your friend Joe

in trying to find more info on them, I found they are available from Amazon, very resonalble as well. I just wish I knew more about the steel than, High Carbon Stainless Steel...

NICE find! things made 100% in USA are very hard to find! just like HArley motorcycles(which are crap) but there parts are made over seas and the bike is assembled here is the USA! such BS but i feel ya on the look you get when you ask for products "made" in the USA!

yes they where a great find and im thinking of getting some for my mom and dad for Christmas :cool:

thanks your friend Joe

An $8.99 Santoku for real? Give us an update in 6 months. I'm skeptical. Just a little bit.
ok remind me if you want and yes i suspected that you would be sceptical, but im no too worried either way, i bought an American product and it makes me feel damn good to do so!!
American craftsmanship American Jobs
thanks again your friend Joe

I know what you mean, Joe. it's pretty hard for me to buy local as well. everything these days is "made in china", "made in korea" etc. is it too much to ask my hard earned money would go to another fellow countryman and not go out of the country to a random foreign company?

I mean, these are tough times. if I buy a chair, I'd rather the local carpenter would make a profit than Ikea.

I know what you mean, Joe. it's pretty hard for me to buy local as well. everything these days is "made in china", "made in korea" etc. is it too much to ask my hard earned money would go to another fellow countryman and not go out of the country to a random foreign company?

I mean, these are tough times. if I buy a chair, I'd rather the local carpenter would make a profit than Ikea.
thanks so much you can see what i see and i hope more will too
the old saying says

CHARITY BEGINS IN THE HOME

if we dont take care of those closest to us and for that matter as you said our fellow countryman, then we are heaping up for ourselves even more hardship than we can imagine.

there is some scepticism about these knives but thats ok, because really, even if there not that good, i kept the money here instead of giving it to a country that really on the outset does not like us very much and besides for that nothing in this life is meant to last forever

thanks again your friend Joe

From what I've been able to find online, Rada Cutlery seems to have a good reputation with complaints few and far between. I'd probably pick one up tomorrow for testing purposes but it appears no one sells them locally. I want to compare it with a Victorinox santoku. Might have to order one.

From what I've been able to find online, Rada Cutlery seems to have a good reputation with complaints few and far between. I'd probably pick one up tomorrow for testing purposes but it appears no one sells them locally. I want to compare it with a Victorinox santoku. Might have to order one.
great let us know how this turns out im very curious , im also going to see how mine fare

thanks your friend Joe

Does Israel make anything but artifacts? lol.

No really, I can't think of the last think that was "made" in Israel. Of course my old testament and new testaments originated there but it's been a couple of thousand years. Even my bhs text was made somewhere else.

No really, I can't think of the last think that was "made" in Israel. Of course my old testament and new testaments originated there but it's been a couple of thousand years. Even my bhs text was made somewhere else.
The desert eagle

LOL I detect a theme.

Great knives though.
Israel's greatest export is its engineers!
Israelis invented anything from the first cherry tomato to the technology that allows the CPU in your laptop to operate without running out of power within 5 minutes. every respectable company in the world has a development center in Israel.

The actual manufacturing isn't that common due to the fact the Israeli work force isn't cheap. it's easier to just hire Americans or citizens of any other western country. they do produce items like Intel CPUs (and other products), but it's not that common.

Yes, we also produce A LOT of military items. small arms, missiles, computerized controllers, UAVs and "other stuff". that's just because we are forced to conduct constant war and like I've wrote above, we're brilliant. :lol:

You'd be surprised how many of your "Made In USA" items were either designed by Israelis, built with Israeli components or built by Israeli machines. ;)

The actual manufacturing isn't that common due to the fact the Israeli work force isn't cheap. it's easier to just hire Americans or citizens of any other western country. they do produce items like Intel CPUs (and other products), but it's not that common.

That and they'll just get bombed. Good luck over there btw.

Back