• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Musical Time Travel

The Hot Pepper said:
Happy?!?! sorry its sideways. Gotta re re-learn how to download my pics

Attachments

• 20180716_161103-1.jpg
    20180716_161103-1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 72
The Hot Pepper said:
It's not as bad as you say, I think a fine line touch up could make it look more like he.
Yea it could be worse. This was during a time when I was partying with a bunch of tattoo artists out back of the shop regularly and this particular artist was looking for some "practice"

Don't need a time machine for Phil just tickets

Edmick,

Funny you show Motley Crue. I saw them in Atlanta, Ga as an opening band for Ozzy. I saw Ozzy twice (Diary of a Madman and Bark at the Moon tour) don't recall at which Crue performed. I know that Shout at the Devil was the album that Motley Crue had out at the time and it kicked ass. The lead singer was drunk and missed most of the lyrics, but they rocked still... Time travel I would have loved to be here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UogPgnYoJ0M

Am I the only person who didn't realize what a talent Prince (or whatever his name formerly was) was, until just before his death?

What a funny little dude.  But wow.  Saw a couple of recordings of his live jams, and I can honestly say that I've never seen a musician that talented. 

Well... except for maybe Frank Zappa.  :metal:

solid7 said:
Am I the only person who didn't realize what a talent Prince (or whatever his name formerly was) was, until just before his death?

What a funny little dude.  But wow.  Saw a couple of recordings of his live jams, and I can honestly say that I've never seen a musician that talented. 
Well... except for maybe Frank Zappa.  :metal:

Can't call foul with that. Except maybe Zappa never had the broader audience in his time. I submit you're older than 50 or either well musically rounded. No need for answer, just giving props where due.  ;)

WarrantMan said:

Can't call foul with that. Except maybe Zappa never had the broader audience in his time. I submit you're older than 50 or either well musically rounded. No need for answer, just giving props where due.  ;)

I'm still a fair bit under 50, so thank you for that.  Mine was just the result of a very eclectic upbringing.  That due to a whole lot of parental neglect, and perpetual (morbid) curiosity. :D

To be honest, I'm hard pressed to name much music, post-1999.  But I can probably sing every song in most people's classic playlist.  Those blues guys, withstanding...

But Frank Zappa was a musical genius.  Did you know that he actually had a symphony orchestra that he toured Europe with? 

solid7 said:

I'm still a fair bit under 50, so thank you for that.  Mine was just the result of a very eclectic upbringing.  That due to a whole lot of parental neglect, and perpetual (morbid) curiosity. :D

To be honest, I'm hard pressed to name much music, post-1999.  But I can probably sing every song in most people's classic playlist.  Those blues guys, withstanding...

But Frank Zappa was a musical genius.  Did you know that he actually had a symphony orchestra that he toured Europe with? 

No sir I did not. I had several Zappa alums on vinyl that I recently gave away to a bud (my entire collection of vinyl.)  Sorta regret now that I've discovered the value of some of them. Off hand I remember "Joe"s Garage" and something or other at the Fillmore or Philmore East. The dude was a genius, an early video trying to deadpan the dude...
regardless he made the stage, which I think was the goal. "Any publicity is better than no publicity" holds true now as then....
apparently the vid can't be shared or something, will try to find alternative. If unsuccessful, go to youtube and query Frank Zappa Bicycle and you will get the video I am trying to show 

Second try and I quit. Again not a great "Opus" but early beginnings of an icon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9P2V0_p6vE

lol, Joe's Garage was famous at school during the 70's, still have my 500+ LP's from the 70's and a few from 60's. In my opinion the 80's was the beginning of the death of music, hard to find anything with soul nowadays. 

Since we're talking about the death of music, I'm surprised that nobody has listed any of the great rock opera bands...  Pink Floyd, The Who, David Bowie.

OMG, this topic is breaking my mind.

WarrantMan said:

No sir I did not. I had several Zappa alums on vinyl that I recently gave away to a bud (my entire collection of vinyl.)  Sorta regret now that I've discovered the value of some of them. Off hand I remember "Joe"s Garage" and something or other at the Fillmore or Philmore East. The dude was a genius, an early video trying to deadpan the dude...
regardless he made the stage, which I think was the goal. "Any publicity is better than no publicity" holds true now as then....

Nice vids, Warrant Man. I would like to add this one to it.  You kinda caught the beginning, this is where it took him...

A note about that piece...  Steve Vai was playing a more structured arrangement, while Frank Zappa was playing more "free form".  It's really a contrast of styles.  Amazing.

https://youtu.be/TEnzdp71U78

Why has nobody gone into the future with this time machine?

Let's go see Bieber in Vegas in 2044!

Back