• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lee's 2011 Wild/Brazilian season

Those PLL's are great! I have been using them for a few years now to grow or pre grow chilli's. They are powerful enough to grow from seed to mature plants.

Red Savina. I grew this plant indoors in 2008 and harvested over 100 peppers..
img5382mi7.jpg

thats damn impressive, and thats under a single PLL fixture? how many watts? 220?

what bulbs are you using if you dont mind me asking. ive been running the cheep 55watt 4100k bulbs from plusrite... there like 5$ each. i have noticed however that they dim considerably after like 2000hours. i placed a new bulb in my fixture next to three old ones, and it was terribly obvious that the old bulbs lost a log of output... the old ones seemed a lot redder too.

I grew that plant under a single fixture. 2 x 55 W. For growing I used the 4000K ones and for flowering stage 2100K. The light of the 2100K is more red..
Those bulbs are cheap and cost like €5-6, slightly higher as what you pay..

Those PLL's are great! I have been using them for a few years now to grow or pre grow chilli's. They are powerful enough to grow from seed to mature plants.

Red Savina. I grew this plant indoors in 2008 and harvested over 100 peppers..
img5382mi7.jpg

That's a very cool looking plant!

What's that red thing you're using on your soil? :D

Transplanted all plants to approx. 1 liter containers last week and plants grow good. The weather outside is very nice and the plants really enjoy the sun.

Some pictures..

C.galapagoense
img0822v.jpg

CGN19198#2
img0818fv.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion X Pimenta da Neyde
img0841jt.jpg

Inca Red Drop X Lemon Drop
img0815q.jpg

Trepadeira do Werner
img0838z.jpg

Tepin from Peru" X Fresno
img0836gd.jpg

Rocopica (Ulupica Large)
img0809o.jpg

C.rhomboideum
img0804w.jpg

Caja Amarela
img0834t.jpg

Tepin from Peru" X Tarahumara chiltepin
img0840h.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion X PDN Seedling just a black as a PDN seedling. The pods however mature to red
So I take it that it is not an F1 then? Which brings me to my second question.... do you have any pics of an earlier plant producing??

I am thinking about trying my hand at crossing next season, and no word of a lie, TS x PDN has been at the top of my list!

Sweeeeet plants, BTW, lee! I think my brain is gonna bust from the awesomeness of this thread!

Thanks guys.

C.rhomboideum is one of my favorite species.. The cross between Trinidad scorpion and PDN is an F2 seedling. Can't wait to see it progress

Trinidad scorpion x PDN F1
tsxpdnDSC02732a%20%28Large%29.JPG

Garden is ready for a new season
img0847l.jpg

C.rhomboideum Bonchi is flowering
img0842o.jpg

Back