• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Lee's 2010 WildChilli Grow season

I guess it's about time to start a 2010 thread.. This season, and many to come I will mainly grow Wild Chilli's. Sure I will grow some "regular" vars. but haven't decided yet for this year what to grow. Pimenta Da Neyde is a must have because the plant is absolutely beautiful and haven't seen anything like it.. I definitely will grow the Bhut Jolokia again because the taste is so gorgeous and it actually tastes very fruity, just love it :onfire:.

Have re-potted some plants to a 1 L container. They will get some nutrients for the first time, some plants need it desperately.

img9887s.jpg

img9886j.jpg

C.tovarii. After a successful seed shell removal.
Both seeds that sprouted weren't able to get the shell off. With a utility knife I've made a small incision in the shell and then just waited for two days. Today I managed to get it off and I'm sure it will survive now. The other one won't make it though. But I still have seeds germinating

img9902mo.jpg

Visit WildChilli.EU

thx all, it definitely will be an interesting and fun year.. The weather is the good hand now and it seems that the cold days are over :)

Covered the box with some reflecting sheeting.. :cool:
img9934.jpg

Repotted most plants. They will stay on a 1Liter container until they can go outside. Probably will go for 15 Liters
img9932z.jpg

C.parvifolium 3x
C.rhomboideum 3x
C.lanceolatum 6x
C.preatermissum
C.galapagoense
C.flexuosum PI 631154 4x
C.flexuosum (seeds from Neyde)
C.chacoense PI 260433 1x
C.chacoense CAP 501 2x
C.microcarpum CAP 215 2x
C.eximium CAP 503 2x
C.tovarii 1x
C.buforum 5x
C.cardenasii CAP 1530 3x
CAP 487 1x
CAP 1144
CAP 1478 3x
CAP 1491 3x
CGN 19198 1x
CGN 19198 #2 2x
GRIF 15020 (C.flexuosum)
C.praetermissum CGN 20805 3x
C.praetermissum CGN 22795 2x
C.baccatum Mini Mini 2x
C.frutescens Duke pequin 3x
C.baccatum Heart Throb 2x
C.annuum Tepin, Eastern Travis Country 3x

Lee, how long did it take the Chiltepins to germinate? Mine are taking forever, going on three weeks now in a wet paper towel ...

They where actually one of the first that germinated. If I'm right it took them about 10 days. What germ. temps do you use?

lee

ultravista said:
Lee, how long did it take the Chiltepins to germinate? Mine are taking forever, going on three weeks now in a wet paper towel ...

Will shoot some pics. soon as they grow good. I have them on 12hrs now to slow down the growth a bit, will keep my eye on the weather report though..

btw: did you get my letter? ;)

Sorellina said:
Ciao Lee-

I can't wait to see close-ups of Rhombo and Lance, my two favourites of yours. :)

Nice Lee, I really like the background shot of your trees. :)

Have you created any stable crosses yet? It would be nice to see some wilds crossed with some more common varieties.

Man, that is a if I may say, highbrow collection of peppers sir. Very, very interesting... Looking forward to seeing all of these grow out! :drooling:

C.tovarii
img0061c.jpg

Got 1 plant out of 10 seeds:(. I hope the new ones I have germinating will do better

Beautiful pics as always Lee. Hopefully you will be able to get more of the tovarii to come up, but at least you got one so far. After all, it only takes one plant to get some pods and a new batch of seeds.

jacob

Back