• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

It has begun...

P_Schneider said:
Jalora I believe. I got those seeds from Fatalliman so maybe he could tell me if I have them labeled wrong.

Hmmmm, considering the source, it could be either a brief but accurate description of some interesting hybrid, or it's something exotic... how exciting.

Could it be Jaloro? I'm growing one of those...jalapeno hybrid type, that was "created" in Texas. It is resistant to 6 different diseases. Fruit starts out almost yellow...that's how mine look right now. Then turns orange and finally red.

Chango said:
Could it be Jaloro? I'm growing one of those...jalapeno hybrid type, that was "created" in Texas. It is resistant to 6 different diseases. Fruit starts out almost yellow...that's how mine look right now. Then turns orange and finally red.
Could be. I guess I will see once the peppers come in.

My Nagas are finally coming up. Man they have been frustrating. I have had 40% germination, which isn't too bad from what I have read. But it is driving me crazy waiting for them to grow and do something. Almost a month to germinate, and now they have been sitting there tormenting me for the last three days with just their initial seed leaves sticking out of the soil. This is driving me nuts I wish they would hurry up and grow!

Huh, how odd, about 50% of my Naga's came up within a week. I had ten seeds, 7 sprouted and two died...over all, I'm happy.

I transplanted them from th esmall seed trays to the ground after the first seed leaves appears and then they took right off. It's almost like they know (which they probably do, I don't put anything past plants) that they are in a small pot and are just waiting till they get root space to grow. Try to transplant your plants into a large pot or the ground.

I think it is just more of a case of the watched pot never boils sort of thing. I had one jump up, but that day we hit 105 and the poor little guy got burned up. So I moved them into morning sun (still growing them in pots) and four more have grown. I will feel better once they have their first true leaves, but I am a impatient sort when I have a new toy to play with so to speak. When they get their first real leaves, then I will transplant them into my garden and one into a big pot I have used for overwintering my pequin. That way when November comes I can bring it in for the winter

DaveinCoalinga said:
I think it is just more of a case of the watched pot never boils sort of thing. I had one jump up, but that day we hit 105 and the poor little guy got burned up. So I moved them into morning sun (still growing them in pots) and four more have grown. I will feel better once they have their first true leaves, but I am a impatient sort when I have a new toy to play with so to speak. When they get their first real leaves, then I will transplant them into my garden and one into a big pot I have used for overwintering my pequin. That way when November comes I can bring it in for the winter

Heh, you guys are way ahead of me. I just won them off ebay from muso. I wont get these in the ground until next year.:P

Hi Guys,

here a picture of some of my Naga plants. These are around 6 inchs high after 60 or so days and are one of the slowest growing varieties I have come across. Even my Capsicum Galapogense is groiwng at a faster rate!!

NagaMorichPlants.jpg

Mark

Showoff

Man I can't wait for mine to get like that. I am actually planning on building a sunroom on the back of my house just for my Nagas. I am just thinking of a reason/excuse/whatever to justifiy it to the wife.

July 1st update!
Well June was quite a month! Nice and warm, plenty of sun during the day and showers at night. July is starting off HOT! Near 90f today with dewpoints in the upper 60s. The peppers are loving life. The Thai's were the first to sprout actual peppers a week ago and today I counted close to 60% of the plants with peppers on them and 80% with flowers. :lol:

peppers_7_06_1.jpg

And for the 4th.

peppers_7_06_2.jpg

DaveinCoalinga said:
Is that the black fiber mat cloth stuff between the peppers or is that plastic?

It's weed block. Water can get through but it blocks all the light from the weeds. This way I only have to weed between the plants, plus it helps keep the moisture in.

Tina Brooks said:
Hey cool! You have a flag plant!

T

Ya I had to pay extra for the flag spawning option when I ordered the seeds. The American version was pretty expensive but nothing compared to the Canadian version. Apparently Canadians cant grow peppers very well so it costs 3 times as much for that version. I also heard rumor that the chile plants had issues with a flag that had a leaf from another plant on it. (just a rumor)
:mouthonfire:

Back